Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Age of Consent In Spain

Age of Consent In Spain

Old Mar 17th 2011, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Age of Consent In Spain

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
And by doing so, you are diluting the seriousness of the definition of paedopilia. Paedophiles are truly sick individuals. In many US states for example, the age of consent is 18. By your definition, the person who sleeps with a 17 year old and another who molests a 7 year old are equal.

They are all very sick ,I see your point but there are also different levels of disgusting acts that are carried out on 7 year olds , whos to say which will mentally scar a child the most ?,it`s all a very nasty business and I believe extreme punishments are the only way to make any headway .
Old Mar 17th 2011, 5:15 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

It reminds me. I have a very close pal who was a DCI in East London; an able man who investigated 25 difficult murders and solved 24 of them. I told him once that I was sorry about his one failure.

He laughed. ‘Sorry? It’s the one I’m most proud of, it was that horrible ****ing nonce that got shot on his doorstep.’

I knew of the case and said, ‘But everybody knew who topped him, it was the young girl’s father and uncle.’

‘Well, I never could find enough evidence against them,’ said he, grinning like a Cheshire cat.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 5:24 pm
Banned

JulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by HBG
It reminds me. I have a very close pal who was a DCI in East London; an able man who investigated 25 difficult murders and solved 24 of them. I told him once that I was sorry about his one failure.

He laughed. ‘Sorry? It’s the one I’m most proud of, it was that horrible ****ing nonce that got shot on his doorstep.’

I knew of the case and said, ‘But everybody knew who topped him, it was the young girl’s father and uncle.’

‘Well, I never could find enough evidence against them,’ said he, grinning like a Cheshire cat.
In the Vatican City I believe the age is 12 !!!!
Old Mar 17th 2011, 5:27 pm
Banned

JulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by HBG

Good story, but from my personal experience, extremely unlikely to be true.

(former senior police officer.)
Old Mar 17th 2011, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

I do like stories like that
Old Mar 17th 2011, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JulianWard
No Surprises There
Old Mar 17th 2011, 7:08 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I find it strange that after four posts on this forum someone should brag about being a former senior police officer. I know that there are several on this forum but they are more discreet than that.

But, we’re in cyber space, perhaps a rear admiral will pop up next.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 7:46 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

For girls I suspect. Boys of any age are fair game, a perk of the job.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 9:51 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I’m a broad-minded normal human being who has brought four children into this difficult world, and this thread is depressing the life out of me.

If the silly Spanish set the age of consent at 13, they’re *****, without excuses. The daft defenders pointing out that there are fewer single mothers ought to consider that thousands of Spanish children have been sold on.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

linjon is an unknown quantity at this point

My closest friend works as a nurse in a top security prison in UK. She has explained the "problems" of dealing with paedophiles. They are required to attend a course where they discuss their "behaviour" if they want to be considered for parole in the future. In her opinion, it is all crocodile tears to play the system as true psycopathic behaviour means they have no insight or remorse for their sick actions.

She despairs of the system as almost no-one declines to attend (for obvious reasons) and she is world weary enough to recognise the futility of this "treatment regime". These are mainly individuals abusing babies, toddlers and infants NOT men having sex with 14/15/16 year old girls or boys though if they are vunerable individuals and not consenting worldly wise teenagers (there are many of those) it is equally unacceptable.

Age of consent is a really difficult area as it is dictated by your own culture and laws. I would hazard a guess that in centuries gone by in the UK, sex, childbirth and marriage was "normal" at a very young age as life expectancy was so short. Paedophilia is a very different issue but I fear it is now being used too broadly. As a mum, I was so worried about my son having sex at 16 with a 15 year old girlfiend because of the possible ramifications that would ruin his life if it ended up in court.

A very difficult subject but a line has to be drawn somewhere!
Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rotor
What is the age of consent in Spain? , Ive was told its only 13 which I find disgusting and worrying as a parent
But, anyway, to return to your original post, at the end of the day, as worrying as these laws might be, the ULTIMATE determinant of how your children behave is YOU. It depends on your relationship with your children and them knowing and understanding YOUR values. Laws are no substitute for this. Even if the age of consent is 10, as long as you have brought your children up to reflect your values, they will not cross that line. The reason for a lot of what we see in society today is because parents have abdicated their responsibility.

The age of consent in the UK is 16. Do you honestly believe percentage wise that MORE 13 to 16 year olds are having sex in Spain than in the UK. Personally, I would be very surprised if this were the case. One thing Spain has which the UK does not is strong family values. Regardless of the law, how Spanish children behave is based on the values that have been instilled in them from their parents and grandparents.

Do the smoking, drinking, or drug laws prevents children from using and abusing all those things? Emphatically, no.

Take responsibility for your own children.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:14 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by linjon
My closest friend works as a nurse in a top security prison in UK. She has explained the "problems" of dealing with paedophiles. They are required to attend a course where they discuss their "behaviour" if they want to be considered for parole in the future. In her opinion, it is all crocodile tears to play the system as true psycopathic behaviour means they have no insight or remorse for their sick actions.

She despairs of the system as almost no-one declines to attend (for obvious reasons) and she is world weary enough to recognise the futility of this "treatment regime". These are mainly individuals abusing babies, toddlers and infants NOT men having sex with 14/15/16 year old girls or boys though if they are vunerable individuals and not consenting worldly wise teenagers (there are many of those) it is equally unacceptable.

Age of consent is a really difficult area as it is dictated by your own culture and laws. I would hazard a guess that in centuries gone by in the UK, sex, childbirth and marriage was "normal" at a very young age as life expectancy was so short. Paedophilia is a very different issue but I fear it is now being used too broadly. As a mum, I was so worried about my son having sex at 16 with a 15 year old girlfiend because of the possible ramifications that would ruin his life if it ended up in court.

A very difficult subject but a line has to be drawn somewhere!
I visited Broadmoor in an official capacity many years ago, and came to the conclusion that we’d better off without them. It’s an awful thing to say. If we let them out, they’re going to kill us, because they’re nutters, so why don’t we kill them first.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:23 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Why? there's been enough police offers who have bent evidence to send people to jail. Why should one doing the opposite surprise?
Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:25 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by HBG
I visited Broadmoor in an official capacity many years ago, and came to the conclusion that we’d better off without them. It’s an awful thing to say. If we let them out, they’re going to kill us, because they’re nutters, so why don’t we kill them first.
Lock em up, weld the door shut and feed them thru a slot in the door until you don't get an empty tray back.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:31 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
But, anyway, to return to your original post, at the end of the day, as worrying as these laws might be, the ULTIMATE determinant of how your children behave is YOU. It depends on your relationship with your children and them knowing and understanding YOUR values. Laws are no substitute for this. Even if the age of consent is 10, as long as you have brought your children up to reflect your values, they will not cross that line. The reason for a lot of what we see in society today is because parents have abdicated their responsibility.
Nice post. I do believe parents have a lot of responsibility, but I'd say that peer group pressure outweighs that every time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.