Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advise on moving to spain

Advise on moving to spain

Old Dec 29th 2015, 1:19 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 8
Nicrob3011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advise on moving to spain

Hi, I am just trying to gather up as much information as possible. Myself my partner and my 2 young boys have decided we are starting a new life in Spain. However at the moment I am just trying to find out as much as possible on education nurseries, schools and also just life in general. Please feel free to share any information thank you.
Nicrob3011 is offline  
Old Dec 29th 2015, 2:21 pm
  #2  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,749
cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advise on moving to spain

It all depends on our job and income really. If you already have that sorted out then life will be whatever you make of it. If you need to look for work then life may be very difficult

Schooling is very complicated as stated in the other thread
cricketman is offline  
Old Dec 29th 2015, 2:25 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 8
Nicrob3011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advise on moving to spain

Schooling is the problem that is really stressing me!! We both have jobs to get us by till we find something better. So work and accommodation isn't really worrying me its only education that is scary!!!
Nicrob3011 is offline  
Old Dec 29th 2015, 2:30 pm
  #4  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,749
cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advise on moving to spain

Originally Posted by Nicrob3011 View Post
Schooling is the problem that is really stressing me!! We both have jobs to get us by till we find something better. So work and accommodation isn't really worrying me its only education that is scary!!!
You probably won´t be able to find anything better!

Unemployment is still at over 30% in the South of Spain. Even if you were fluent in Spanish and very well qualified, there would be very limited opportunities

As a British person your only real choices if you are not fluent in Spanish are teaching English or servicing holiday makers. Both are very poorly paid

If you are a professional with a special skill and fluent in Spanish then the best thing would be to secure a job with a Spanish company before you come over. The best places to do this are Madrid and Barcelona
cricketman is offline  
Old Dec 29th 2015, 4:54 pm
  #5  
 
Casa Santo Estevo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Galicia
Posts: 2,981
Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advise on moving to spain

Originally Posted by cricketman View Post
You probably won´t be able to find anything better!

Unemployment is still at over 30% in the South of Spain. Even if you were fluent in Spanish and very well qualified, there would be very limited opportunities

As a British person your only real choices if you are not fluent in Spanish are teaching English or servicing holiday makers. Both are very poorly paid

If you are a professional with a special skill and fluent in Spanish then the best thing would be to secure a job with a Spanish company before you come over. The best places to do this are Madrid and Barcelona

Casa Santo Estevo is offline  
Old Dec 31st 2015, 10:19 am
  #6  
MODERATOR
 
Rosemary's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Costa Valencia
Posts: 14,494
Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advise on moving to spain

Originally Posted by Nicrob3011 View Post
Hi, I am just trying to gather up as much information as possible. Myself my partner and my 2 young boys have decided we are starting a new life in Spain. However at the moment I am just trying to find out as much as possible on education nurseries, schools and also just life in general. Please feel free to share any information thank you.
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Rosemary is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.