Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advise on government 'ayuda'

Advise on government 'ayuda'

Old Jun 2nd 2011, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

benidormboy has a brilliant futurebenidormboy has a brilliant futurebenidormboy has a brilliant futurebenidormboy has a brilliant futurebenidormboy has a brilliant futurebenidormboy has a brilliant futurebenidormboy has a brilliant future
Default Advise on government 'ayuda'

HI.
Last year my contract ran out at work and it was never renewed so I went on the 'paro' and was entitled to 6 months dole at 70%. I was unaware that after this had finished I was also entitled to a further bit of help whilst looking for work at 426 euros,probably for a further 6months.

I went to the dole office, filled in a form and took it to the desk with all my ID. The woman looked right through my passport,then typed my NIE number into her computer and looked at my details. she took a photocopy of my NIE and stamped my form,then she signed it then gave me the carbon copy of the form back and just said 'ok' to me.

I know I should have asked at the time but im unaware if im gonna get the help or not. The dole dates are usually the 10th of each month into bank accounts so im hoping ill get it. Im guessing if I wasnt entitled then nothing would have been stamped and she would have told me there and then.
I did apply for this a month after my dole had finished because like I say i didnt know about it. She did ask me why i didnt apply straight away and I just said I didnt know it existed.