Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advice on Viewing Rental Properties

Advice on Viewing Rental Properties

Old Jan 31st 2012, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

NickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really nice
Default Advice on Viewing Rental Properties

Hey guys,

I will be going to Spain in a week or two to view some properties. I have chosen to go to Alicante. I want to know what the general procedure for viewing properties is?

Should I just go there and look for agents when I am in Alicante? Or should I contact letting agents before leaving and organise appointments?

I am 25 and do not have much expierence in letting in non English speaking countries so any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by NickFX; Jan 31st 2012 at 6:27 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Viewing Rental Properties

Probably depends whether there is a good lentings agent in the area you are looking at. You can just walk through the door and start there.

Not all properties are let through an agent. Have a look on the online lettings sites; idealista, fotocasa, segundamano, pisos.com, enalquiler, kyero etc. Make a shortlist of the properties you like and email or call those you are interested in to arrange a viewing

You will normally need to do this in Spanish of course. If you can't do that then you will be better off just going to the lettings agent and asking if they speak English
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:38 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

What we did just last week was to select the area (for whatever reason), and then travel around the area looking for "Se Alquilar" boards and ringing the numbers. This produced three owners and four estate agents which gave us plenty of viewings.

But I do have the advantage of speaking a little Spanish

Davexf
Old Jan 31st 2012, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

NickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really nice

I speak fluent Italian so I should muddle by with the Spanish.