Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advice required please

Advice required please

Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

turtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really nice
Default Advice required please

We are relocating from Northern C.B. to Costa de la Luz due to daughter taking up an appointment in Sevilla.

Which area should we be looking to live in - Huelva or Cadiz?

Going down this weekend for a look see.

Any advice would be most appreciated.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:07 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Re: Advice required please

Originally Posted by turtlez
We are relocating from Northern C.B. to Costa de la Luz due to daughter taking up an appointment in Sevilla.

Probably comes across as pedantic but when writing titles for new threads it helps you and potential repliers if the title was a little more descriptive fro scan reading ... "ahh yes, that's of interest to me"!

... although curiosity got me on this one 'Advice Required Please' but of course not knowing the area this thread is of no use to me so I cannot advise.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Advice required please

Originally Posted by turtlez

We are buying in Ayamonte as far west as you can go and hopeless for a commute into Sevilla. The train only runs as far west as Huelva these days.

We love Conil and south to Tarifa but again hopeless for a commute into Sevilla.

Heres the good bit there is to be a new high speed line south from Sevilla to Cadiz so if you look along that route I am sure when you find the stopping stations you could find some very good places to live nearby.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:39 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by John & Kath
... We love Conil and south to Tarifa but again hopeless for a commute into Sevilla...
Yes I can say that Conil De La Frontera (south past Jerez, well south of Huelva) is a great generally unspoilt area of West Spain. lovely. Have friends there - they know that area well - they have a web site - http://www.costadelaluz-conil.co.uk/
if this interests you, drop 'em an email !! Themay be able to find you a rental while you stay there for a look.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:51 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Cadiz to Tarifa is just lovely. We are near Vejer, and it takes me about 45 minutes to drive the 75 kilometers to Jerez if that's any help.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:10 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

I think for the commute Cadiz may be better for you, trains run from San Fernando to Seville and buses from Chiclana, friends have taken the bus they said it takes in the region of an hour??

Depending what you want coastal or inland, along the coast from Chiclana to Vejer is a lovely place to live many little places to settle in. In land you have the surrounding areas to Medina Sidonia, Arcos de la Frontera, Paterna de Rivera, Trebujena and Bornos. Don't overlook Sanlucar Barrameda and Chipiona (I like Chipiona but so do the flies).
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Well working in Sevilla and living in the Aljarafe, both Cadiz and Huelva sound a long way to commute from on a daily basis in my opinion. There are plenty of villages within 20 to 40 minutes of the city but which one is best for you depends on where your daughter is trying to get to in the city, whether she will drive or needs public transport. The metro is almost up and running for line 1 and parking cars in the city is a bloody nightmare.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:42 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Well working in Sevilla and living in the Aljarafe, both Cadiz and Huelva sound a long way to commute from on a daily basis in my opinion. There are plenty of villages within 20 to 40 minutes of the city but which one is best for you depends on where your daughter is trying to get to in the city, whether she will drive or needs public transport. The metro is almost up and running for line 1 and parking cars in the city is a bloody nightmare.
We live 50 mins from Seville in Bornos Lots of people work in Seville and live here lots of the younger people stay in Seville in the week and back to the village on a Friday.
Any other info please ask

Last edited by gallerie9; Jul 17th 2008 at 1:45 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

I agree gallerie9, if you want to stay in the city for the week and go "home" at weekends, then it is fine to be further out but of course there is the famous exodus of population out of the city on a friday evening during the summer off to las playas. And visa versa on sunday evening as they flock back.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

turtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really nice

Thanks for all your replies.

My Daughter will be working in the Aljarafe area, staying there during the week and coming home at weekends.

Sounds good so far.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

At the new school at Bollullos by any chance ?
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Close El Capitan but no cigar!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

Dont smoke cigars anyway.
Welcome to Andalucia when the time comes.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

What school?
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

Not sure which by name, could be Brittania but they are moving from close to Sevilla out close to Bollullos, actually very near to the Juliana aerodrome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.