Advice Please

Old Nov 15th 2010, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Advice Please

Another comment is that business experience is hard earned if you make too many mistakes and lose clients. It's a lot of money to practise with.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 6:07 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice Please

Originally Posted by daveysue
No, at the moment we live in England, I'm an English Teacher and Dave is a Civil Servant. My Spanish is rusty but will be up to scratch by the summer. Having had two children late nights and early mornings have no fears for us. We're unafraid of not currently having the skills or experience as we both have confidence that these will arrive, once we've worked for a while.
We expect to make mistakes, many mistakes but it's this unpredictable side to a new life that excites us. Doing the same thing until retirement, however much we've enjoyed it, will see us both bored into an early grave! The kids have flown and now it's our time.
If you're really determined on moving to Madrid, and starting a new life, then great. It's a fantastic city, and has great opportunities for teaching English (my error, shouldn't have put Spanish!). Why not though, spend a year or more there first, getting back into teaching English, learning the language well, and generally looking around for an ailing language school to take over and build up again (at far lower cost)? Believe me, you will find those opportunities, and you will be better placed after building up your experience in the field. Apologies if you feel you're getting negative feedback from myself and others - believe it or not we just don't want to see you lose x thousand through being impulsive. If you're still determined to go ahead with this - please contact another owner of a language school out there (but not too close enough to be a competitor), and ask how easy/hard it is to keep regular stable work with companies going. If you get positive feedback from someone in the same industry then fine, go steaming ahead!

Last edited by steviedeluxe; Nov 15th 2010 at 6:20 pm. Reason: correction