Advice please

Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Dukeofmarmalade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice please

I'm thinking of coming to Spain in the new year don't no how long for maybe a few months maybe forever who knows.
I'm only 20 What do I need to know to come out there? how easy is it to get a job like in a bar or something? Would like to rent a place also how easy is this should I look to get this all sorted before going out or get out there and look to get everything sorted when I go there?
I want as much advice as you can give please. Looking maybe to go to Malaga or somewhere near there.

thanks
Old Oct 10th 2007, 1:45 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice please

Originally Posted by Dukeofmarmalade
I'm thinking of coming to Spain in the new year don't no how long for maybe a few months maybe forever who knows.
I'm only 20 What do I need to know to come out there? how easy is it to get a job like in a bar or something? Would like to rent a place also how easy is this should I look to get this all sorted before going out or get out there and look to get everything sorted when I go there?
I want as much advice as you can give please. Looking maybe to go to Malaga or somewhere near there.

thanks
Search the 'Free Beer' thread for a lot of help. LEARN SPANISH, also searcg this forum, there have been plenty of threads on this subject.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future

My view on this is do not do it less you have a lot of money behind you to last the few months you plan to stay. Your only going to get bar work etc what pay peanuts, You then need your rental money plus money up front.

If you have a few grand in the bank what you are willing to blow on a nice extended holiday do it if not don't as you will soon return home in my opinion. I am 27 now and waited till this coming January to make the move permantly. I have a house to go back to in the UK what i own and have a business now i can run from anywhere i wish making me financially sound to make the move and know i can live as easy as i do here in the UK at present.

When i was 21 i spent a year in Tenefife and found it hard even though i had a bit of money in the bank, But being young and in a sunny climate you wih to party all the time and it soon dwindles.

Good luck anyway.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

dawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nice

It's not as easy as people think to find work here, maybe in the summer, in bars etc, but it is a good idea to just rent somewhere and have some money behind you. I don't think the cost of living is much, if any, lower than the UK