Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

advice over very elderly dog

advice over very elderly dog

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 6:56 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Question advice over very elderly dog

One of my English neighbours has a very elderly dog, which is slowly deteriorating, and I was wondering if anyone here had any idea of costs of euthanasia and/or cremation as I think she feels it will have to happen in the next few months if the dogs condition continues to deteriorate
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice over very elderly dog

Originally Posted by mikelincs
One of my English neighbours has a very elderly dog, which is slowly deteriorating, and I was wondering if anyone here had any idea of costs of euthanasia and/or cremation as I think she feels it will have to happen in the next few months if the dogs condition continues to deteriorate
Not sure about the cost out here, but why dont you offer to bury it in the garden for her, she may like that better. ;-(
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:33 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Not sure about the cost out here, but why dont you offer to bury it in the garden for her, she may like that better. ;-(
She has a garden, but she isn't sure it would be allowed over here.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:59 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure, but the guy who lives near us buried his large dog in his garden, but maybe ask the vet.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

spaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to all

A vet will probably come out if you pay him more and put the dog down by injection. My wife had a dog and cats when she lived in the campo and we buried her pets in the garden as they passed away, not sure if there is a law to stop you from doing this but if there was no one we know of has ever taken any notice of it. I would guess that generally this sort of thing would be passed on unless you went around telling everyone you did it, maybe the 'local town hall' has a directive of this because of health and safety, you know the 'EU', also maybe the feeling on this might be different where you live, just check with the vet as suggested by another post.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

nikvin is an unknown quantity at this point

we had to0 have a cat put down last week. 30 euros f0or the jabs ( on a saturday). we buried it in the campo which all the neighbours knew about, and no problems. We couldnt dig very deep, so put stone and cement over the top to stop it being dug up, and so that the kids felt it had had a "proper" funeral.