Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advice needed on various things

Advice needed on various things

Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice needed on various things

Hi to everyone, I normally post on the Goa forum but have need of serious advice now about Spain, specifically the Torrevieja area near Alicante.
We have just found out that my father in law has died and that the mother in law (80 years old) is obviously in deep distress.
She wants to move back to UK, and has put the house on the market.
What we need is the name and contact details of a good advocate in this area as at the moment she is being guided by the advocate of the estate agents (Serious case of conflict of interest.) Also if there are such places as retirement homes or complexes that are warden controlled similar to those in the UK.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Age Concern people who have helped her so far they have been really good.
We cannot get out of India until beginning of April but obviously want to go with as much info as possible.
Any advice or information would be gratefully received, and I apologise now for not reading through all the 100 plus pages on this forum but we are on a slow dial up connection and would probably be back in Spain before we had finished.
Many Thanks
Tony P
Old Mar 19th 2010, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

gardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nice
Default Re: Advice needed on various things

Have sent you a pm.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed on various things

The agencies like Help the Aged are now very well organised here and they will help her also try British consulate:

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/about...nte-consulate/

I would not over panic about the relationship between solicitor/estate agent - (maybe riskier when you are buying) the only problem could be their advising her to sell too cheaply - suggest you help her to decide on a minimum price so she does not give it away. But be advised if they bought it recently she may not recover the investment, as prices have dropped.