Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advice needed from motorists

Advice needed from motorists

Old Jan 13th 2019, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

minouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice needed from motorists

I'm currently in Spain with my GB registered car. I want to sell it and replace it with an E registered one.
So, here is my question: is it worth bringing the car back to UK to sell it, or I could try to sell it here without losing too much money, while saving time?
Old Jan 13th 2019, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Smithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed from motorists

Unless you are selling it to a British person planning to bring the car back to the UK... It is not worth anything more than the parts in Spain!
Return it to the UK and sell it to WEBUYANYCAR
Old Jan 13th 2019, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

minouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smithy73
Unless you are selling it to a British person planning to bring the car back to the UK... It is not worth anything more than the parts in Spain!
Return it to the UK and sell it to WEBUYANYCAR
Thank you for confirming my plan.
Doing my homework I saw that like-for-like the second hand cars are more expensive in Spain
Mine it's a 4 years old X1 with only 27k miles on it. If it was registered in Spain I would get a "fortune" for it
Old Jan 13th 2019, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Smithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the second hand car market is very expensive here in relative terms... It has more to do with the second hard car market in the UK, being flooded with ex lease and finance cars at the end of their contracts... There are generally few lease arrangements here etc.

We sold an X3 to WBAC at 2 1/2 years old for 19K... the problem you will find is that most people in the UK don´t want to (or don´t have) pay in cash for a 21K car, they want financing, so selling such a car to anyone other than WEBUYANYCAR is a long wait and hassle.
You can register the car here and happily use it - which is probably your best idea - but the average person won´t want it as it will be a RHD car.