Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advice on Costa Calida or Costa Blanca - holiday home

Advice on Costa Calida or Costa Blanca - holiday home

Old Jun 20th 2011, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

boobearreynolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on Costa Calida or Costa Blanca - holiday home

Hello, I am new to this so hope everyone will be able to understand this post. We are thinking of buying a holiday home in either Murcia or Costa Blanca and was wondering if anyone could give us some advice. We are not sure whether to buy on a Golf resort or just an urbanisation without golf, we are not even sure what area, we are going to visit the region in july so should have a better idea then, in the meantime any help in what areas to start looking would be helpful, we are an older couple with a 9 year old girl, we like a bit of life around us, but don't really want to be in an area full of bars our number one priority is safety and security.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 4:51 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Costa Calida or Costa Blanca - holiday home

As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Cannot advise you on the areas or the type of place that you are thinking about but feel sure that other members will be along soon to give you information.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I presume you are avid golfers then?

Frankly, I'd never buy on a Golf resort. You sit peacefully in your back garden and you have a procession of noisy golfers coming past your house all the time. You have to wear a crash helmet, just in case someones shot goes a little off target, and if you go for a quiet drink at the bar you have to mix with them and pay silly prices for your beer And I'm a golfer!

If you are not sure what area then the only possibility you have is actually coming over here on a trip to look at the areas. On the Costa Blanca North you have Javea, Denia Calpe & Gandia ... all quite lively places with beautiful countryside nearby and Blue Flag beaches up towards Oliva.

Valencia and Alicante airports are around an hour away
Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your advice, I did have a laugh about the golf balls going astray, my husband and I do not play golf so that is not the reason we were thinking of a golf resort, we were thinking that it would be a safer environment, but I have probably got it all wrong. I am not asking people to tell me where to buy just a little help as to regards what urbanisations are nice and what areas are a good place to start our search, any help would be very much appreciated.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 11:02 am
IDC
Just Joined

IDC is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Advice on Costa Calida or Costa Blanca - holiday home

Hi
We had the same problem as you. We have been living and working on La Marina urbanisation for about 9 years now. This is the ideal place for us as we like to be in a British community as we do not speak Spanish. La Marina urbanisation is very livley all year round with lots of bars, restaurants, entertainment a lot of evenings throughout the year.

(SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jun 21st 2011 at 11:11 am. Reason: No advertising or procuring for business on the forums please
Old Jun 21st 2011, 11:19 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boobearreynolds
Thank you for your advice, I did have a laugh about the golf balls going astray, my husband and I do not play golf so that is not the reason we were thinking of a golf resort, we were thinking that it would be a safer environment, but I have probably got it all wrong. I am not asking people to tell me where to buy just a little help as to regards what urbanisations are nice and what areas are a good place to start our search, any help would be very much appreciated.
Golf course property is probably less safe. Petty thieves are attracted by golfing parties who usually carry a lot of cash.

Bit difficult to give advice unless you narrow down the area. Most posters just come on and recommend their own area.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

biggriff21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I am new to this so hope everyone will be able to understand this post. We are thinking of buying a holiday home in either Murcia or Costa Blanca and was wondering if anyone could give us some advice. We are not sure whether to buy on a Golf resort or just an urbanisation without golf, we are not even sure what area, we are going to visit the region in july so should have a better idea then, in the meantime any help in what areas to start looking would be helpful, we are an older couple with a 9 year old girl, we like a bit of life around us, but don't really want to be in an area full of bars our number one priority is safety and security.
Hi, i have a mobile home in catral, not far from Murcia, and the site is safe, pm me and i will answer questions on whatever you want.

Last edited by biggriff21; Jun 21st 2011 at 7:20 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your advice, I am still new to this and have tried to pm you but apparently the administrator says I need to have 3 posts before I can pm anyone, what does that mean? Do I have to ask 3 questions or do I have to get 3 answers, sorry for being a bit thick but any help would be appreciated.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your advice, I am still new to this and have tried to pm you but apparently the administrator says I need to have 3 posts before I can pm anyone, what does that mean? Do I have to ask 3 questions or do I have to get 3 answers, sorry for being a bit thick but any help would be appreciated.
hi

Same here, don't understand it either, maybe if we post more then 3 then we might be able to pm each other.
anyway you can ask questions on the forum. Happily to answer any question, i have family and friends who all live in the costa blanca area, and myself
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

There is a golf course not far from me, in catral so you can easily to travel, best if you have a driving licence in spain.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:26 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it strange how many new posters want to use pm's. What is so confidential about where to live
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Isn't it strange how many new posters want to use pm's. What is so confidential about where to live
Sorry

Not use to posting on forums.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 11:51 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggriff21
Sorry

Not use to posting on forums.
No need to apologise. It is often difficult to decide what information is helpful to a lot of people and therefore best on the open forum and what is more private and personal and therefore best in a PM. Provided that the two people using PM´s are happy to do this there is not a problem. However sometimes people overstep the mark and PM others inappropriately and cause an annoyance.

Enjoy your postings and hope that BE fulfills your needs.

Rosemary
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 3:49 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

But then it is not very helpful for someone else that has just googled the same question to find that it has been passed as a private message.
The idea of a forum is to share information, isn`t it ?

PM me and I will let you know the answer
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:39 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
But then it is not very helpful for someone else that has just googled the same question to find that it has been passed as a private message.
The idea of a forum is to share information, isn`t it ?

PM me and I will let you know the answer
I already know the answer

the way I look at it - unless it's for something really personal I wouldn't PM - & I'd think at least twice before I exchanged personal info even in a PM unless I had 'known' that poster for ages

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.