Reload this Page >

Advice for buying in different areas

Advice for buying in different areas

Old Aug 17th 2011, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

daviddublin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice for buying in different areas

We are in Spain next month all our finances are in place.....we are looking for
a place we can use as a holiday home for the next 8 years and then to retire to 70% of the time.
Our budget is 100,000 plus 10,000 for costs (I know its not a lot but it is cash)
On our next trip we are flying into Valencia and looking round the outskirts..Llira etc maybe Montroy ?
Then down to Oliva
Then we are staying in a friends place in Almeria and looking in Mojocar and
La Rabita.
We also have friends who are suggesting the Cadiz area (inland would be what we could afford)
We like coastal areas but dont want to be in a place that might have a lot of crime.
We also want a garden but Im sure this is not possible on the coast.
If anyone has any ideas of areas to look at or to avoid Id really like your help
David
Old Aug 17th 2011, 4:40 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice for buying in different areas

Originally Posted by daviddublin
We are in Spain next month all our finances are in place.....we are looking for
a place we can use as a holiday home for the next 8 years and then to retire to 70% of the time.
Our budget is 100,000 plus 10,000 for costs (I know its not a lot but it is cash)
On our next trip we are flying into Valencia and looking round the outskirts..Llira etc maybe Montroy ?
Then down to Oliva
Then we are staying in a friends place in Almeria and looking in Mojocar and
La Rabita.
We also have friends who are suggesting the Cadiz area (inland would be what we could afford)
We like coastal areas but dont want to be in a place that might have a lot of crime.
We also want a garden but Im sure this is not possible on the coast.
If anyone has any ideas of areas to look at or to avoid Id really like your help
David
Betera, if you are going to Llira

Gandia is nice, larger than Oliva

If you are going to Oliva dont just look at the main centre .. there are three parts. Oliva Playa, the main centre, and the old town. There are a number of estate agents on the main playa.

Whilst you are there, Potries & La Font D'en Carros, smaller villages maybe 4 kms away and slightly inland. Rotova if you want to go a little further.

Ondara is just a little South of Oliva and once you are off the main road its a nice little place

I like Cadiz, went there a few years ago for a trip
Old Aug 17th 2011, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice for buying in different areas

Hi David

Ok all have spoken to David before, what I will say is, this though, you dont know what area, so ,any mentioned, I think you should cancel looking at properties and check pout all these areas. Find the area you prefer then house hunt.

This exactly what we did, as you know if you read my blog on Costa, we chose here as expats thin on the ground, we wanted to have to speak the language, though now a lot more do. My blog gives everything about all the areas and why we disliked some but not others, also we came here as rocky all the way to the beach so good , well reasonable diving.

To Summarise, find your area, if not you might find house and buy it then wish you hadnt.

Hope to meet up when you are our way, have fun.

pwwm

Last edited by pwwm; Aug 17th 2011 at 7:41 pm.