Advice

Old Feb 24th 2016, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Catrina.bean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice

Hi, we're thinking of moving to spain but don't know where to start ! Wherever we move to it has to be near a international school as I have 2 children, we want our move to be around sept 2017 and my daughter will be nearly 15 so school is important, would like there to also be a hospital near by if possible as that's my area of work, my husband would like to do something in the line of coaching football so somewhere in a busy area, would like to be around expats also. If anyone has any ideas on anywhere please post so we can look into certain areas thanks cat.x
Old Feb 24th 2016, 12:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice

Welcome to BE.

I have moved your thread over to our Spain forum. No doubt someone will be along soon to help answer your questions.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Catrina.bean - 15 is a tough age to move - if your daughter will be midway through her GCSEs you might find it hard to get a match in terms of subject choices and exam board. It's one more thing to take into account - starting a year earlier or a year later would be better.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachelk
Hi Catrina.bean - 15 is a tough age to move - if your daughter will be midway through her GCSEs you might find it hard to get a match in terms of subject choices and exam board. It's one more thing to take into account - starting a year earlier or a year later would be better.
Absolutely and if I had kid that age, I would not want to put her through the stress, even if it's an international school. My question would also be why not wait .
Old Feb 24th 2016, 12:56 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catrina.bean
Hi, we're thinking of moving to spain but don't know where to start ! Wherever we move to it has to be near a international school as I have 2 children, we want our move to be around sept 2017 and my daughter will be nearly 15 so school is important, would like there to also be a hospital near by if possible as that's my area of work, my husband would like to do something in the line of coaching football so somewhere in a busy area, would like to be around expats also. If anyone has any ideas on anywhere please post so we can look into certain areas thanks cat.x
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 24th 2016, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

, would like there to also be a hospital near by if possible as that's my area of work, my husband would like to do something in the line of coaching football so somewhere in a busy area
To work in a Spanish hospital you must pass the oposiciones exams which will be in Spanish and then wait for a job opportunity to come up, but you can be posted anywhere in the province. You will normally need a degree on top of this

If you want to work as a football coach then again if part of the Spanish system, you will need UEFA/FIFA coaching badges, be fluent in Spanish and with good contacts
Old Feb 24th 2016, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

I know it's gonna be hard with moving schools the problem being is there ever gonna be a good time ? Maybe we might just have to get the timing right. My husband already has his coaching certificates and we've got plenty of time to learn our Spanish hopefully, that's why I want to know about everything now. As for hospitals I didn't think I was gonna come over and just get a job in one, just wanted to know anything about them, so it's a big help in what you've told me. What about areas ?? Thanks everyone cat.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's gonna be hard with moving schools the problem being is there ever gonna be a good time ?
There might not be a good time, as such, but there can be a less bad time. Ideally, for your daughter's sake, you would want her to do the two year GCSE course in the same school, so to etiher move before she begins or wait until she's finished.

Recommending an area is difficult without knowing what you're after. There are international & British schools on the coasts because there are lots of expats there, but also in the big cities, Madrid and Barcelona and some other places as well.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, yes I agree she doesn't need the stress at that stage, it would be too rushed before so maybe wait until after her exams, thanks cat.