Advice

Old Feb 10th 2009, 2:19 pm
jennydor

jennydor will become famous soon enoughjennydor will become famous soon enough
Default Advice

Does anyone know if there is a set amount or % I have to pay the government if I sell my apartment here in Spain.

Also is it possible for me to purchase an apartment at auction but put the deeds into someone elses name, I suppose like purchasing it on their behalf? Does anyone know the implications of this?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 10th 2009, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of
Default Re: Advice

Originally Posted by jennydor
Does anyone know if there is a set amount or % I have to pay the government if I sell my apartment here in Spain.

Also is it possible for me to purchase an apartment at auction but put the deeds into someone elses name, I suppose like purchasing it on their behalf? Does anyone know the implications of this?

Thanks in advance
I believe one or other of you is lumbered with Spanish Gift Tax for a start as effectively you are giving the (purchase) money away.

As for your first question I believe the answer can be found by doing a search of the threads