ADSL Ya.com

Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:00 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default ADSL Ya.com

I didn't want telefonica adsl when I came here but having contacted two or three providors I was told they wouldn't be able to supply me because TF were being economical with issue of lines and permissions. So I ended up with a 512 TF connection

Today Ya phoned me and told me they can give me a 1, 2 or 4 Mb connection with inclusive european calls for about 30 euros a month.

I told them of the troubles I experienced and they said no, no its not a problem we can supply you

So does anyone have experience of Ya?
If TF were saying I could only have a 512, is it actually possible for Ya to give me a 1 or 2 mb ... i thought it was dependent on the local exchange.

(PS, maybe this should have gone in General, but it is relative to Spain if Ya are doing a good deal)
Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:16 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADSL Ya.com

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I didn't want telefonica adsl when I came here but having contacted two or three providors I was told they wouldn't be able to supply me because TF were being economical with issue of lines and permissions. So I ended up with a 512 TF connection

Today Ya phoned me and told me they can give me a 1, 2 or 4 Mb connection with inclusive european calls for about 30 euros a month.

I told them of the troubles I experienced and they said no, no its not a problem we can supply you

So does anyone have experience of Ya?
If TF were saying I could only have a 512, is it actually possible for Ya to give me a 1 or 2 mb ... i thought it was dependent on the local exchange.

(PS, maybe this should have gone in General, but it is relative to Spain if Ya are doing a good deal)
Well if Ya are using TF`s line you will get the same and double trouble if it breaks. ;-))
Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Well if Ya are using TF`s line you will get the same and double trouble if it breaks. ;-))
Yes I know that .... but the difference is (at the moment) they speak English at Ya, whereas in Madrid they go out of their way not to.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:11 pm
IDC
Just Joined

IDC is an unknown quantity at this point

We are watching this posting with great interest to hear if anyone has used YA. We have been with TF for over 5 years now. Things are OK up till any problem appears. Then TF tell you that they cannot deal with it and give you the number for the Sub Company who has the contract and of course none of the staff speak English, when you ring there number. However once a couple of years ago late at night, we did to our surprise ring and found that the person answering could speak English and our tech problem was sorted in minutes.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mitzy, Why do you want to change? Are you on Rural ADSL?
If Telefonica cannot give you more than 512, no body else can unless they are a satellite BB provider like me!!!
PM me probs, may be able to help (Had IT company in UK and Local BB provider here).
Regards
Tim
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:12 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Hi Mitzy, Why do you want to change? Are you on Rural ADSL?
If Telefonica cannot give you more than 512, no body else can unless they are a satellite BB provider like me!!!
PM me probs, may be able to help (Had IT company in UK and Local BB provider here).
Regards
Tim
Thats exactly what I was asking ... how can someone else give me a higher speed than telefonica

I have no problem with Telefonica ... obviously I would like a higher speed. Yes, Madrid only speak Spanish as you would expect, but if you make a list of what you want to say then generally you can make yourslef understood.

So yes, I guess its just wanting a higher speed, and if you are telling me its not possible for Ya to give me that then I'm satisfied he's a salesman just trying to make his quota
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

I have relative in La Drova, they received a similar sales call, booked the appointment etc, "Oh, you can only have Rural ADSL, That's different"!. As it happened, there lines were upgraded anyway, but if if you are out in the stick, forget it, sorry!
I'm only 20 kms from Valencia City and cannot even get a real phone line, only TRAC phones here, hence the need for satellite broadband!
Regards
Tim
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:20 pm
Senior Moment

I have relative in La Drova, they received a similar sales call, booked the appointment etc, "Oh, you can only have Rural ADSL, That's different"!. As it happened, there lines were upgraded anyway, but if if you are out in the stick, forget it, sorry!
I'm only 20 kms from Valencia City and cannot even get a real phone line, only TRAC phones here, hence the need for satellite broadband!
Regards
Tim

Tim, have you heard of Telitec?
www.telitec.com

Actually, just noticed they only go up to Gandia
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tim, have you heard of Telitec?
www.telitec.com

Actually, just noticed they only go up to Gandia
Lol, I have set up my own company doing the same thing! Future competition maybe!
All of the providers seem to be very localised, and it was easier for me to set up on my own and supply my local area.
Thanks anyway
Tim
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:28 pm
Senior Moment

Lol, I have set up my own company doing the same thing! Future competition maybe!
All of the providers seem to be very localised, and it was easier for me to set up on my own and supply my local area.
Thanks anyway
Tim
You got a web site up yet?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

You got a web site up yet?
I'm doing a website at the moment, but don't really need one yet as way too small and localised, I'm only targeting people within a 5km radius at the moment!
Why do you ask? Do you think that there is a need in your area?!!!
Regards
Tim
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:58 pm
Senior Moment

I'm doing a website at the moment, but don't really need one yet as way too small and localised, I'm only targeting people within a 5km radius at the moment!
Why do you ask? Do you think that there is a need in your area?!!!
Regards
Tim
I don't see why not ... I would have considered an alternative. I think over 40 euros a month is far too much for adsl & line.
You need the antenna though as I understand it, and they have to be powered
Old Jul 25th 2007, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don't see why not ... I would have considered an alternative. I think over 40 euros a month is far too much for adsl & line.
You need the antenna though as I understand it, and they have to be powered
Unfortunately it all comes down to quality of service with the satellite link, and numbers of customers in the area. I have a decent sat link, but only offer a max of 1meg connection, and the voice side of things works very well. But to offer the service to customers, it has to cost them about the same as Telefonica charge for ADSL, but their only option is dial up through a TRAC.
The customer kit is a high quality receiver but happily powered via USB, but they still baulk at the installation costs. I need at least 15 customers just to pay for the satellite airtime, let alone the equipment costs!
Tim
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Darren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the roughDarren is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: ADSL Ya.com -AVOID

YA.COM flipping nightmare.

no one speaks english - AFTER 5PM IF YOU ARE LUCKY ONE PERSON.
they cut my line without informing me when I said I would change to them
was dissatisfied with their lack of service so wanted to switch back to telefonica
they would not release the internal code
had to nearly take legal action against them - NO BROADBAND 1 MONTH.:curse:

very very very very very very poor company. Would not advise to anyone, alot of hassle, alot of misselling, alot of phone calls and waiting for 20 minutes and no one picking up, part of duetche telecom, worst telephone experience I have had in spain. Avoid. AVOID.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:13 pm
Senior Moment

Default Re: ADSL Ya.com -AVOID

Originally Posted by Darren
YA.COM flipping nightmare.

no one speaks english - AFTER 5PM IF YOU ARE LUCKY ONE PERSON.
they cut my line without informing me when I said I would change to them
was dissatisfied with their lack of service so wanted to switch back to telefonica
they would not release the internal code
had to nearly take legal action against them - NO BROADBAND 1 MONTH.:curse:

very very very very very very poor company. Would not advise to anyone, alot of hassle, alot of misselling, alot of phone calls and waiting for 20 minutes and no one picking up, part of duetche telecom, worst telephone experience I have had in spain. Avoid. AVOID.
Thank you so much for that. They have called me about three times now and I keep saying no. I'm hoping they don't do anything without my permission, as companies seem to in the UK.
They promised me 3 Mb connection, and I know no one around here has anything other than a 512

Karma sent, thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.