Adsl

Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Wink Adsl

Telefonica have refused an adsl connection even though our new house is less than 2 kms from Chiclana (Pago Las Deshillas). We have a landline and telephone pole on the plot.

Desperate to have a fast connection anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:52 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adsl

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Telefonica have refused an adsl connection even though our new house is less than 2 kms from Chiclana (Pago Las Deshillas). We have a landline and telephone pole on the plot.

Many thanks
I´m not really teccie minded, but have a look at this link which is a review for Vodafone Mobile Connect 3G Card. http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=722

It seems to be for internect connection without cables, intended for when you are travelling and you are out of hotspot range. However, it may suit your needs.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Enter your telephone number here.

If it indicates that ADSL should be available on that number try calling them again.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
Enter your telephone number here.

If it indicates that ADSL should be available on that number try calling them again.
Yes it does say my telephone number is suitable for adsl and the previous property owner had it here. I wont bore you with the details suffice it to say there have been 5 complaints with OMIC!! Basically Telefonica have 5 bad lines in the box in my street and I have one and they wont do the work, instead the excuse is that we are too far away from the Central. This is despite my neighbours and a friend all having adsl on the good lines with no problems....

Telefonica need some competition as we all know and a lesson in how to treat customers
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:39 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by keithwalters
I´m not really teccie minded, but have a look at this link which is a review for Vodafone Mobile Connect 3G Card. http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=722

It seems to be for internect connection without cables, intended for when you are travelling and you are out of hotspot range. However, it may suit your needs.
Hi Keith,

I am using Vodafone Mobile Connect 3G card on Esuri. It works perfectly well (fingers crossed) and I am also using the skype phone whilst waiting for Telefonica.

Mitzipurr, its well worth a try.

Sam
Old Oct 12th 2006, 9:28 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hi Keith,

I am using Vodafone Mobile Connect 3G card on Esuri. It works perfectly well (fingers crossed) and I am also using the skype phone whilst waiting for Telefonica.

Mitzipurr, its well worth a try.

Sam
Can I ask how much it costs? Presumably you first have to buy the thing and then there is a monthly charge?

I work from home from my laptop and take it with me when I travel. At the moment I just look for hotspots when I need to connect, but I might be interested in this too.

I guess if I did go for the 3G card it would make sense to cancel my ADSL subscription for my house as I would effectively be paying twice when I am at home.

What is the connection speed like??
Old Oct 12th 2006, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Clive C is an unknown quantity at this point

I use wanadoo for my ADSL, they will send an engineer out to sort your line out (well they did for me anyway).
Old Oct 12th 2006, 9:41 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Can I ask how much it costs? Presumably you first have to buy the thing and then there is a monthly charge?

I work from home from my laptop and take it with me when I travel. At the moment I just look for hotspots when I need to connect, but I might be interested in this too.

I guess if I did go for the 3G card it would make sense to cancel my ADSL subscription for my house as I would effectively be paying twice when I am at home.

What is the connection speed like??
Hi Keith,

Not being computer minded I got a friend to set it all up for me. The chip that fits in your computer was 84 euros and the monthly fee is 39 euros for 24/7 broadband. The connectin speed is fine for me but Im not a computer whizz. Theres 3 of us here in the townhouses that have got it.

Sam
Old Oct 13th 2006, 8:49 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Adsl

Originally Posted by Clive C
I use wanadoo for my ADSL, they will send an engineer out to sort your line out (well they did for me anyway).

Wanadoo send an engineer out? Well we tried to get one out but whenever we asked no one spoke English…after speaking perfect English when they wanted to sell something to us.
Now we are with telefonica because we was going round in circles over getting a technical problem sorted out.
However even they are not so good. Yes we have ADSL but being so far away from the exchange when it rains we seem to loose our connection. Maybe there is a fault on the line, but we never loose our phone lien thank goodness.
Foe us Telefonica act like BT did back in the 70s, they don’t care about the customer!
Old Oct 13th 2006, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Wanadoo send an engineer out? Well we tried to get one out but whenever we asked no one spoke English…after speaking perfect English when they wanted to sell something to us.
Now we are with telefonica because we was going round in circles over getting a technical problem sorted out.
However even they are not so good. Yes we have ADSL but being so far away from the exchange when it rains we seem to loose our connection. Maybe there is a fault on the line, but we never loose our phone lien thank goodness.
Foe us Telefonica act like BT did back in the 70s, they don’t care about the customer!

I have requested the service also from wanadoo they took bank details etc etc over the phone. No probs they said. 1 month later rung them and guess what according to them. I had cancalled the service and had to start all over again. Having just been on hoiliday half way round world for the past month it would seem they are as equally as bad as Telefonica in service and telling it like it is?? Also I had the experience that nobody would converse in English despite the original contact speaking perfect English so it seems as if they can speak English if they want to sell something then after it is impossible to converse except in Spanish!!
Old Oct 13th 2006, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Try this company:

http://www.elotek.net/

They are based in Fuengirola but I am sure they operate all over Andalucía and they have English speaking staff.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Juanito is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
Try this company:

http://www.elotek.net/

They are based in Fuengirola but I am sure they operate all over Andalucía and they have English speaking staff.
Tele2 is running a special offer right now that is much better than telefonica.... www.tele2.es

Not sure if your area is covered by tele2, but you can check the website to find out.

Also, it does take a bit of doing to switch from telefonica to tele2, but I think it is worth it.

ono is also good (I hear), but they don't cover my area. www.auna.es

Good luck.
Old Oct 15th 2006, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

paddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud of

Yes it does say my telephone number is suitable for adsl and the previous property owner had it here. I wont bore you with the details suffice it to say there have been 5 complaints with OMIC!! Basically Telefonica have 5 bad lines in the box in my street and I have one and they wont do the work, instead the excuse is that we are too far away from the Central. This is despite my neighbours and a friend all having adsl on the good lines with no problems....

Telefonica need some competition as we all know and a lesson in how to treat customers
You cant help bad luck
Old Oct 15th 2006, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Many thanks
If You got a near neighbour with ADSL, have you thought about buying him a quality Wireless router with good range, then go Wifi and share cost of line!!

or alternatively

Slightly different but thats effectively what we have done in our locality, in that we got a local communications company to put in Micro link repeater on my gable end, and then all the users in the valley (about 9 houses) all take off that,, As part of the deal I get my access free, as I am supplying the high point for the mast and paying the elect for the retransmitter,

If you are near enuff and it works,, you can stick the finger at Teleponicaca
Old Oct 17th 2006, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

paddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
If You got a near neighbour with ADSL, have you thought about buying him a quality Wireless router with good range, then go Wifi and share cost of line!!

or alternatively

Slightly different but thats effectively what we have done in our locality, in that we got a local communications company to put in Micro link repeater on my gable end, and then all the users in the valley (about 9 houses) all take off that,, As part of the deal I get my access free, as I am supplying the high point for the mast and paying the elect for the retransmitter,

If you are near enuff and it works,, you can stick the finger at Teleponicaca
Thats illegal they cant do that not aloud to share bills

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.