Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

accomodation required

accomodation required

Old Sep 9th 2005, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice
Question accomodation required

My daughter and son in law are coming over to stay in Oct.....they arrive the day before us and need accomodation overnight near San Javier airport. They have a 18 month old child. I've searched the internet and come up with 'nada'.
Does anyone know of anywhere they could stay on 20th October for one night?
Also they will be flying back the day after us.....31st October, after dropping us at the san javier they need accomodation for one night again.
Thanks.....this site is so useful,
Mary
PS. It needs to be reasonably close to the airport and easy to find as they haven't driven in Spain before!
Old Sep 9th 2005, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Melosine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: accomodation required

Mar Menor is barely 5 mins drive away from airport using the airport slip road so no major roads to cope with.
Should be some accommodation available there and use a taxi service.
Cheers
Old Sep 9th 2005, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice

Thanks for that......they are picking the hire car up at the airport on arrival, however I will put a search in for Mar menor and see what it throws up!
Mary
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Still had no luck finding anywhere........only place we've found is the Hotel Barcelo Lodamar.......a bit pricey at 84 euros per night I think....but then I'm used to inland prices.
Mary
Old Sep 13th 2005, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Melosine is an unknown quantity at this point

That unforunately is a BIG problem with the Mar Menor area. Full of British and the prices have been adjusted UPWARDS accordingly. :scared:
A little further south and coastal places where the Spanish go are half the price and twice the value. However getting there from San Xavier airport is a nightmare of a journey even for those who have done it several times...especially so if it's dark. Rush hour in Spain is from about 9pm and the roads can be chokka of very fast drivers.
Maybe investigating a little further north towards Alicante will prove fruitful.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice
Red face Re: accomodation required

Originally Posted by Melosine
That unforunately is a BIG problem with the Mar Menor area. Full of British and the prices have been adjusted UPWARDS accordingly. :scared:
A little further south and coastal places where the Spanish go are half the price and twice the value. However getting there from San Xavier airport is a nightmare of a journey even for those who have done it several times...especially so if it's dark. Rush hour in Spain is from about 9pm and the roads can be chokka of very fast drivers.
Maybe investigating a little further north towards Alicante will prove fruitful.
try this link we used it for accomadation when we bought our house

http://www.carm.es/ctyc/murciaturist...enu.menu?idi=2

try again
Old Sep 13th 2005, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice

Originally Posted by PaulLes
try this link we used it for accomadation when we bought our house

http://www.carm.es/ctyc/murciaturist...enu.menu?idi=2

try again

the try again was because i put in the wrong link, but edited it after good luck
Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks for the link........plenty to be going on with!
You are right about the journey being a nightmare. Such a short drive to Torre de Horradada took us the best part of an hour and half the first time we flew to Murcia. My husband had never driven in Spain before. It was the 6.30 arrival and dark......bloody nightmare! My husband and I were rowing and shouting and arguing for most of the drive. The next day in daylight it was funny to realise how we must have drove around in circles and were so close to where we needed to be........oh well it will give us something to talk about in the cold winter nights...haha!
Mary