abroadband

Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice
Default abroadband

Just found this it started in Feb.
www.abroadband.com could this be useful for roaming in Europe?
It is 59euro cents per mb. How does it compare to other solutions for going online whilst on the move?
Old Mar 17th 2011, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: abroadband

59 cents a MB?! NO. It is a massive rip off. So you are getting a 100 megs for 59 Euros.

With the Vodafone prepaid dongle, you can get 1 GB for 59 Euros. Ten times the amount! Or even better you can get the monthly prepaid at 49 Euros for unlimited internet.

http://www.vodafone.es/particulares/...epago/tarifas/
Old Mar 17th 2011, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
59 cents a MB?! NO. It is a massive rip off. So you are getting a 100 megs for 59 Euros.

With the Vodafone prepaid dongle, you can get 1 GB for 59 Euros. Ten times the amount! Or even better you can get the monthly prepaid at 49 Euros for unlimited internet.

http://www.vodafone.es/particulares/...epago/tarifas/
Yes but with this you can use it in all countries for the one price per MB whilst touring. I wouldn't use it at home in the UK or Spain. Just whilst visiting other countries for checking email banking etc.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 3:57 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

There are loads of free wifi hotspots now, hotels, bars, shopping plazas, most Maconalds, etc.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdr
There are loads of free wifi hotspots now, hotels, bars, shopping plazas, most Maconalds, etc.
Yes we will use the hotspots but thought one of these would be a good backup. You don't have money on it. You are just debited from the credit card or bank if you use it and you have to use it once a year otherwise they make a charge of 10 euros.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by olivia
Yes but with this you can use it in all countries for the one price per MB whilst touring. I wouldn't use it at home in the UK or Spain. Just whilst visiting other countries for checking email banking etc.
You really don't need roaming in Europe for data. 59 cents a MB is very expensive. You could end up paying 5 to 10 Euros to check your email for a few minutes. As mentioned, you can get free wifi in most cities. Unless, your work is extremely time sensitive and you just have to get online at that very instant, I don't see the value.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 9:15 am
Just Joined

SalNisi is an unknown quantity at this point

I use a solution that works in all european countries from europasim.
Basically I pay 6 € per day with 150 MB included.
In Italy I pay 2 € per day with 500 MB included.
When I don't have a free or cheap wifi or I need to send sensitive data, I just plug the card (it's prepaid).
For Spain, I purchased a separate SIM Card from Yoigo.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 4:28 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I get 500 mb download a month for €7 with my mobile phone company.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Cool! Is it valid in all european countries?
Old Jan 1st 2012, 1:20 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SalNisi
Cool! Is it valid in all european countries?
Its a Spanish co, Masmovil
Old Jan 1st 2012, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Ok! Local companies are always the better choice if you stay in one country. I use Yoigo with the daily tariff in Spain, they are almost equivalent, as soon as the spot where you are is covered with UMTS-HSDPA