Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

65.000K a year..you got to be joking

65.000K a year..you got to be joking

Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of
Default 65.000K a year..you got to be joking

Reuters - Friday, March 28 12:02 amLONDON (Reuters) - British professionals could earn an average 40 percent more by relocating abroad, research shows.

<Snip, breaches copyright, just put a link to the article>

Last edited by jdr; Mar 28th 2008 at 10:07 pm. Reason: copyright.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 65.000K a year..you got to be joking

It's saying in Spain they have a lifestyle equivalent to earning £65k pa in the UK - It's also talking about professionals, ie those who earn £50k + in the UK - it's bloody obivious few people would choose to move countries for their job unless there was a benefit to them.
£100k and I'd consider putting up with the heat and bloody tourists in the summer.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

buenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to all

Do moderators come under this category?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 7:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by buenavista
Do moderators come under this category?
We are worth much more, but get paid zilch. ;-)
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
We are worth much more, but get paid zilch. ;-)
JDR, Hypothetically speaking, if someone were to call someone a twat on this forum, would that be in breach of rule 1??
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:35 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by leighbloke
JDR, Hypothetically speaking, if someone were to call someone a twat on this forum, would that be in breach of rule 1??
Not in your case LB
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by crispy
Not in your case LB
How was the "book"?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Did I call you one ?, If you mean in the other thread I said it was a twattish thing to say.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:55 pm

How was the "book"?
Oh you know, open and shut, front to back jolly good read at the end of the day.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
Did I call you one ?, If you mean in the other thread I said it was a twattish thing to say.
No & yes you did - thanks!!

But if I'd decided to take your lead and call another poster say "a blinkered Spanish Twat" may that have gotten me in trouble?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by crispy
Oh you know, open and shut, front to back jolly good read at the end of the day.
I enjoy doing Sudoku before turning in.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

No & yes you did - thanks!!

But if I'd decided to take your lead and call another poster say "a blinkered Spanish Twat" may that have gotten me in trouble?
It would probably be rascist and personal and why would you need to say that ?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:02 pm

I enjoy doing Sudoku before turning in.
Turning into what?

I'm no good at Sudoku I would have to use my fingers to much.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
It would probably be rascist and personal and why would you need to say that ?
Question first - It was, as I said hypothetical.

Your first point is one I struggle with "Racism" If I said "Spanish Beauty" why is that not racist? or is it?

Last edited by leighbloke; Apr 15th 2008 at 10:25 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:22 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

[QUOTE=leighbloke;6214565]
Originally Posted by jdr
It would probably be rascist and personal and why would you need to say that ?[/QUOTE

Question first - It was, as I said hypothetical.

Your first point is one I struggle with "Racism" If I said "Spanish Beauty" why is that not racist? or is it?
Maybe it`s the second word that alters the context ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.