Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

20 days to go...

20 days to go...

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:55 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute
Default 20 days to go...

Hi all,
Well time is really fastly aproaching, after having to change my plans due to an unfortunate road traffic accident. Im now flying down rather than driving and wont have my car with me. But i will hire one for the first month.

But ive sort of realised, oh my ive got 20 days to go, and i still have no accomodation, no job, no car, and no contacts out there in the costa del sol... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

So really starting to feel a bit stressed now to say the least. Im sure it will all come together, ie i can book myself into a hotel for a week and get a studio rented once im there etc. I know a lot of it happens when youre there. And theres only so much preperation you can do. This certinately isnt like when youre flying over there on a holiday and have everything planned before hand. Im kinda just taking a plane and.. well.. going!!!

I interviewed a guy for my job yesterday, it was so surreal, this is really really happening now!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:12 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 20 days to go...

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Hi all,
Well time is really fastly aproaching, after having to change my plans due to an unfortunate road traffic accident. Im now flying down rather than driving and wont have my car with me. But i will hire one for the first month.

But ive sort of realised, oh my ive got 20 days to go, and i still have no accomodation, no job, no car, and no contacts out there in the costa del sol... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

So really starting to feel a bit stressed now to say the least. Im sure it will all come together, ie i can book myself into a hotel for a week and get a studio rented once im there etc. I know a lot of it happens when youre there. And theres only so much preperation you can do. This certinately isnt like when youre flying over there on a holiday and have everything planned before hand. Im kinda just taking a plane and.. well.. going!!!

I interviewed a guy for my job yesterday, it was so surreal, this is really really happening now!

OMG - I'm soooooo excited for you! You have been through a lot recently so I really, really, really hope all goes well for you
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:14 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

We had a case each, a flight booked, a map, and one night in a budget hotel. Two weeks later we had brought a house, rented a flat, brought a car, (we hired for a month, was not easy to buy a new car in Spain).
We are opening a bussiness in the house, should be up and running in the new year.

We wanted to have an adventure and a new life before we were 50. My other half calls it is Gap Year, 30 years to late !

We had never been to this area of Spain before, we just stuck a pin in a map. Honest, Fun isnt it !!! We had both been very normal for all our lives doing the right thing, now we are doing our thing.

Good luck and have fun.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lionda
OMG - I'm soooooo excited for you! You have been through a lot recently so I really, really, really hope all goes well for you
Same here. You are about to embark on an exciting (but scary) adventure. I think you have a lot of guts and I wish you all the best.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you all the best and hope you keep in touch.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Compost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really nice

Good luck to you. I'm jealous. You still planning meetups when you're settled??
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

I am so happy for you and even though it is nerve racking i bet the excitement out ways the rest.
Good luck and keep us posted
xxxxxx
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:14 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing you all the best,think of it has an exciting new begining,I think you are making a brave move,but hey in a few months when you look back you will be happy you made the move,the best of luck,keep posting it will be interesting to know how things pan out for you
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:53 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Defiantely still planning the meetups, dont worry. Though uptake on the meetupgroup on the website has been poor so far. Only about 6 members in which not all of them are even in the area.

And you bet ya ass ill be posting on here when im out there, ther ewill probably be a big cry of "heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp im heeereeeee!!"

hehehe
20 days to go.. 20 days.. arghhhhhhh!!!!
If im feeling like this now how am i going to be feeling when theres 2 days to go?

Alive no doubt!!!
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:40 am
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Hi,
I expect as the days count down you will feel more and more nervous but you are in a position a lot of us would love to be in. I am at my house, my little bit of spain and wishing I didn't have to go back to Uk in 2 weeks time, but I am lucky to have best of both worlds as I am here every 6 weeks or so.at the moment with freezing feet after stopping for chicken soup to warm me up, not reached the toes yet! I have been painting the bedroom, with all windows open and gale force wind blowing through, well a slight exaggeration there but me likkle toesies are freezing.
Brain has frozen can't remember where you are heading for on CDS but although it is easy to meet people in over brit populated areas just be careful of thinking them as your friends. It takes time, and you need some english contacts but don't ignore the spanish, they appreciate the respect when we use their language and will accept you better.
Anyway good luck and try inland a little, east of Malaga, it will be worth it.
Keep on posting your butterflies!
Please take care.
Eve
Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:37 am
In Estepona

Thanks eve, yes 19 days to go now!!! Oh ill be posting butterflies.
I have heard that inland east of málaga is good. And yes i dont want to just hang around with the british people and ignore the spanish. I am learning the language and hope to get involved with some spanish people as well.

I dont know where im going on the CDS yet. Its a big place and theres a lot of it to explore, i guess it depends on where i eventually find a job, then i'd move near that. Initially i think im just going to book a hotel somewhere not far from malaga and then go exploring to find an apartment somewhere
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:02 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks eve, yes 19 days to go now!!! Oh ill be posting butterflies.
I have heard that inland east of málaga is good. And yes i dont want to just hang around with the british people and ignore the spanish. I am learning the language and hope to get involved with some spanish people as well.

I dont know where im going on the CDS yet. Its a big place and theres a lot of it to explore, i guess it depends on where i eventually find a job, then i'd move near that. Initially i think im just going to book a hotel somewhere not far from malaga and then go exploring to find an apartment somewhere
ahh cant anyone out there take our young onlineamiga in as a lodger ?

I will be worried sick him sitting in a hotel ,in a strange place !!

Tell you what lets have a find him a nice lodgings in CDS forum hmmmmm yep i shall do it this very moment !!!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 6:22 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Only 18 days now, and hopefully this poor weather will have gone by the time you get over here.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 7:42 am
In Estepona

Thanks bigpete yes i need lodgings! i really really need lodgings!! ive booked a hotel for the first week so its a matter of getting there and then finding lodgings but any help is much appreciated! Ive got a hire car for a month too, so if all goes wrong theres always that LOL.

Yes i was rather amused by our local radio station saying that it was warmer in South Yorkshire than in the Costa Del Sol yesterday! But i dont care, its like 1 or 2 days a year the weather might be better in the UK than down there. Its the other 363 days im more bothered about

Im sure the weather will be great for when i arrive Tho im most probably going to be very busy and stressed when i do so no time for relaxing on a sun lounger with a sanmiguel.

18 Days!!!!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:52 am
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Hey dude, sorry I havent been on msn for a while, have got a lovely chest infection, but Im glad I got it before I went, I should be good for at least a year or two now, lol.

I am leaving in 13 days now Same as you man, got no job, no accomodation, just some money in the bank and a massive feeling that this is where I need to be.

I'll let you all know when I get there, Im guessing I may need some friends, lol.

Good luck my man, We'll definitley meet up at some point in the summer, even though we are different coasts, I dont mind getting a boat or a coach

Keri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.