Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

1st Occupation Licence - resale property

1st Occupation Licence - resale property

Old Jun 24th 2010, 2:01 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1st Occupation Licence - resale property

Originally Posted by jdr
Go ahead, but if you want to sell later you will have to find another idiot like yourself to buy it.
Quite
Old Jun 24th 2010, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of

How very fitting that your user name is "fergusonsfolly"! Better start preparing for your Darwin Award.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't Chris Bryant set something up with the Spanish property experts from the Junta/Generalitat and the Brit consuls in Malaga and Alicante?
http://www.theentertaineronline.com/news.php?item.1110
No? - maybe the elections changed things. You could nevertheless give the consul a call...
Otherwise - and as a general rule - why put yourself into a position of doubt? There are 200,000 'viviendas ilegales' in AndalucĂ­a alone (according to the ABC Spanish daily).
Old Jun 24th 2010, 5:14 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

... and according to our local surveyor, 95% of the properties in the Valencian campo are illegal ...
Old Jun 24th 2010, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by snikpoh
... and according to our local surveyor, 95% of the properties in the Valencian campo are illegal ...

Is he English?
Old Jun 25th 2010, 6:52 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Is he English?
Nope - quite Spanish.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

fergusonsfolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hallejulah - I have seen the light !
Thanks to all posters offering advice regarding my purchase and the lack of a 1st Occupation Licence, I have now withdrawn from the purchase.

I know I should not say this, but I do feel sorry for the old couple who are trying to sell the property. I suspect that when they bought the property five years ago, they did not appreciate the problems that not having a 1st occupation licence would present in the future.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 8:33 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Well done! there is always a fully legal one around a corner.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 8:44 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fergusonsfolly
Thanks to all posters offering advice regarding my purchase and the lack of a 1st Occupation Licence, I have now withdrawn from the purchase.

I know I should not say this, but I do feel sorry for the old couple who are trying to sell the property. I suspect that when they bought the property five years ago, they did not appreciate the problems that not having a 1st occupation licence would present in the future.
I feel sorry for you, but you've done the right thing. Dunno if you've been following the other thread going on about illegal builds, but its seems you need to be 110% sure before you go ahead. Keep looking, something better will come along

Jo xxx
Old Jun 28th 2010, 9:47 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Good move, well done
Old Jun 29th 2010, 5:47 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Good it will turn out for the best.

And good that you are a nice guy and feel sorry for the old folks trying to sell the property, because it is not a nice situation to be in for them.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Well done you - obviously the right property is just around the corner. All things happen for a reason
Old Jun 29th 2010, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh

A huge ammount of campo houses are actually registered as tool sheds and are built no better!
If the deeds show a dwelling thats a different matter.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Wise move