18th Birthday

Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:16 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default 18th Birthday

Need help with a present for our eldest grandson as it is his 18th this year and we want to give him something that he will keep but do not want to give him something that will end up thrown in a drawer and forgotten about.

So have you received or given a present that would suit the bill.

We are lost as we orginally thought about a good watch but his parents are giving him that.

Thinking caps on please.

Rosemary
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:17 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 18th Birthday

I am sure Matt and LB will be along shortly to help you, Rosemary
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Need help with a present for our eldest grandson as it is his 18th this year and we want to give him something that he will keep but do not want to give him something that will end up thrown in a drawer and forgotten about.

So have you received or given a present that would suit the bill.

We are lost as we orginally thought about a good watch but his parents are giving him that.

Thinking caps on please.

Rosemary
well depends on your budget and what he likes, but something ipod ish always goes down well ..... an ipod nano is about £99's
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:21 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Do not threaten me like that or I will have to report you to the mods.

Rosemary
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
well depends on your budget and what he likes, but something ipod ish always goes down well ..... an ipod nano is about £99's
He has all technology known to man so cannot go down that route.

Rosemary
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference

Ahhhhhh .... that will probably have something to do with half naked women, baloons and double cream
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:28 pm

Ahhhhhh .... that will probably have something to do with half naked women, baloons and double cream
You are encouraging them.....and you a mod too.........what is the world coming to?

Rosemary
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:29 pm

Sounds great to me...........not for the grandson but for me......doubt whether there is any hope though.

Graham
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:32 pm
Senior Moment

Sounds great to me...........not for the grandson but for me......doubt whether there is any hope though.

Graham
Well ...... if you talk to Rosemary nicely, you never know
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:36 pm

Do not threaten me like that or I will have to report you to the mods.

Rosemary
As soon as I read your thread I new which way it would go

And that is the way it is going to go
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:37 pm

Well ...... if you talk to Rosemary nicely, you never know
Oh yes I do.

Graham
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:43 pm

How about one of those day out packages that you can get, like racing at brands hatch (is that what its called ) or a lesson in flying a plane, theres allsorts of different days out to choose from.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:00 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hi R & G

I could go down the same route as aerosols, cream, grapes and mars bars but as I have said once before this week I am to much of a lady

Haven't bought keep sakes for young men so not very good at this sort of thing. For my eldest daughter I bought her a really REALLY REALLY expensive pen, she was going off to uni and I thought it would be something practical (if nothing else I am that) she is 32 now and still uses the pen it is something that she keeps with her as she leaves it in her bag. Of course unless your grandson has a man bag he will not have it on him at all times but you never know when he is all grownup he might have a proper job and need a pen Oh, just remember also bought number one daughter a silver, engraved business card holder (she's that sort of person). My son-in-laws parents bought him a set of golf clubs that he still uses

I know, I know I'm not being much help......it is really hard to buy for other people, my youngest daughter got a car when she was 18.

Last edited by crispy; Feb 26th 2008 at 3:05 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

For our Son's 18th birthday we bought him a silver bracelet engraved with his name and date of birth. For two nieces we bought MP3 players and one nephew a silver necklet. Got best Aunty hugs for all three pressies!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

For my 18th birthday, my parents bought me a gold signet ring, which I have worn every day since. I know boys aren't into jewellery so much these days (I used to wear so many gold chains in the late 70s, I looked like Mr. T) but it could be an idea.

Does he have any big interests? Golf, football, cars etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.