Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa > South Africa
Reload this Page >

Single 40 Something in Cape Town

Single 40 Something in Cape Town

Old Nov 6th 2012, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

alfie156 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Single 40 Something in Cape Town

Hi all,

I am looking to possibly move to Cape Town with my company in a senior management role. I am a single guy looking to start life again (which is a scary thought).

Is Cape Town an easy place to meet new people and form new relationships. How are brits treated by local girls. I am a traditional white guy and would be looking for a similar type girl.

My concerns are being targeted if out on my own but I have travelled around and fairly streetwise. I always like to try and blend in but would need my tan topped up a little.

Where would be the best place to live. I should have a good budget so would be looking at a very good area.

Any advice is appreciated.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 5:00 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Single 40 Something in Cape Town

Hi Alfie, welcome to BE and the Africa forum.

I don't live in CT so can't comment on areas to live but I do know that there is a thriving ex-pat community down there. Not many on BE sadly, but every time I play golf or go for a beer in Cape Town I end up chatting to Brits. South African women (especially Capetonians) are world-class (make sure they aren't missing front teeth).

You won't be targeted specifically any more than anyone else, just be sensible as you would in any big city. Avoid the Russian ladies in Mavericks and you will be just fine.

I'm married to a South African - and wouldn't change a thing!
Old Nov 6th 2012, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

I grew up in Cape Town. You will love it as a single guy! Best place would be Camps Bay, Clifton, Sea Point, Green Point or City Bowl for single life and easy access to city. Try a house share, that way you may make a lot of friends. Lots of Brits there! Enjoy - we are going in Dec for 2 months and I can't wait!
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 6:41 am
Just Joined

Brandon.Stadler is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alfie156
Hi all,

I am looking to possibly move to Cape Town with my company in a senior management role. I am a single guy looking to start life again (which is a scary thought).

Is Cape Town an easy place to meet new people and form new relationships. How are brits treated by local girls. I am a traditional white guy and would be looking for a similar type girl.

My concerns are being targeted if out on my own but I have travelled around and fairly streetwise. I always like to try and blend in but would need my tan topped up a little.

Where would be the best place to live. I should have a good budget so would be looking at a very good area.

Any advice is appreciated.
Cape Town is fantastic for Brits! I work with about 8 of them and they all love it, in fact im sitting opposite as im writing this message.

(SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jan 23rd 2013 at 9:35 am. Reason: Please dont solicit for business on the forums
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of light

CT is a brilliant place if you single.

Its those with families that tend to leave.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

pomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nice

Just make your way to Mitchell's Ale House in the V&A Waterfront. Probably more expats there than anywhere LOL! It's a good place to ease yourself in though even if you don't like football.....

Camps Bay is both expensive and pretentious.

I always preferred Bloubergstrand but then I'm biased as the wife is from that side.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

AngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really nice

Originally Posted by pomE
Just make your way to Mitchell's Ale House in the V&A Waterfront. Probably more expats there than anywhere LOL! It's a good place to ease yourself in though even if you don't like football.....
I LOOOOVE Mitchells Ale House! Ale is one of my big misses from the UK ........ even bought a can of Bass Shandy the other day just to experience the taste!! Yummmm. Although I wouldn't mind a Lorne sausage sandwich on Mothers Pride Plain Bread with Daddys Brown sauce right now!!!!