Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa > South Africa
Reload this Page >

Should I price in R or £ for parcel to SA

Should I price in R or £ for parcel to SA

Old Jun 20th 2018, 7:35 am
Just Joined

wbmkk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Should I price in R or £ for parcel to SA

My wife is about to send off a few 25kg boxes of used clothing, the first for quite a while

Now the freight company need prices for each item.

OK this is easy to do using a spreadsheet, but should she (well me really) price in GB £ or SA Rands ?

With the exchange rate of about R18 to £1 even a shirt from a charity shop say at £1.99 seems expensive. I think she will have to pay some sort of import duty, so the idea is to get the total as low as possible. using Rands seems the easier bet.

Any advice would be helptful thank you
Old Jun 21st 2018, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I price in R or £ for parcel to SA

How will pricing it in Rands make it cheaper ?
Old Jun 21st 2018, 11:04 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I price in R or £ for parcel to SA

Its irrelevant, the customs people will value it however they want, unless its new and you have a receipt - but even that is challengeable - if it costs more in their country they can just charge you on that basis or ‘sir can send it back if he wishes...’