Retention of SA citizenship

Old Mar 30th 2019, 8:41 am
Just Joined

JoanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Retention of SA citizenship

Does anyone know approximately how long the Dept of Home Affairs takes to issue an retention of SA citizenship certificare:? I applied a month ago and am a bit worried. The official I dealt with had never seen the forms before, and wasn’t sure what to do. Eventually went off and , when she came back, said it would cost R300 and the papers had to go to Pretoria. No contact since then. I did get a receipt and am going back to query this week.
On this site I read that someone else got their certificate after only a week. I wasn’t too concerned until I read that - the DoHA is well known for being very slow.
I’d like to know how long it’s taken other applicants. Thanks jay
Old Mar 30th 2019, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Alexm0805 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Retention of SA citizenship

Hi. I received mine in six days. I downloaded the form off their website, which was the outdated / incorrect one and I was given the correct form at the Passport section of Home Affairs. I did pay R300. I am not sure if applications have to go through to Pretoria or if they are issued from the office where you apply. My turn around time was super quick I thought and the address on my certificate is the address of the Home Affairs office I applied through in KZN. A month seems a long time for a pretty straight forward document. Definitely call them. I hope this helps. Good luck!!
Old Jun 11th 2019, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

JoanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Retention of SA citizenship

Thanks Alexm05. I applied in March and I received it last week (June). If I had to do it over again I’d definitely apply in a larger city. Polokwane home affairs really didn’t know what to do with this request � ����