PR Help!

Old Oct 5th 2013, 9:05 am
Just Joined

kcarter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Help!

So, after 6 years in the forum with no questions, I post 2 in 2 days!

This question is about applying for PR. I shouldn't have any issue in getting it as I've been married to my SA husband for 7 years and living here for 8. I Just have a couple of uncertainties about the process:

Firstly, I hear it takes LONG: Do I just fill out form, get police clearance from UK, medical reports and so on and take it to Home Affairs ( PE unfortunately for me)
Or, do I need an interview first? Just worried as I know the police certificate is only valid for 6 months and I don't want it to expire before I get an interview.

Secondly, how long is long? And what is the interview process like? Is there any extra advice somebody who has been through this can offer?

Thanks, Katie.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

MartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Help!

It's been more than 30 years since I did this, so any personal experience I could offer isn't going to help you very much.

You can find out most of what you need to know on the internet, and by making an appointment with Home Affairs. That's probably going to be frustrating, but you'll have to deal with them sooner or later, so you may as well initiate the process there. I think you're in for a long haul, but your marriage may help to expedite things. Good luck!
Old Oct 11th 2013, 6:41 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Help!

Mine took a year - through Germiston which was bloody awful. And they lost the paperwork too. I did the interview - they told me what forms to get, and once I had them all I went back and filled in a bunch of forms, and then waited.

And waited

And waited (etc)...

Good luck!