Post Boxes in South Africa

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 11:36 am
Just Joined

smwmcd is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Post Boxes in South Africa

Does anyone know how to go about organising a post box in SA - (Cape Town Area) - I will need a forwarding address for my imminent re-direction and have no clue how to do this as I won't have a permanent address there for some months

thanks
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Bobf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Post Boxes in South Africa

Go to the local post office where you intend to live and open a PO box. Simple as that.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

smwmcd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bobf
Go to the local post office where you intend to live and open a PO box. Simple as that.
Is there anyway I can do that from UK as I need to quote an address in order to re-direct....
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Bobf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smwmcd
Is there anyway I can do that from UK as I need to quote an address in order to re-direct....
Hi smwmcd

Afraid not you will probably have to produce an identity document as part of the set-up procedure. Have you a friend over in SA who can have one set-up for you? or one they have ( as they are quite common ) that you can use?
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Bundubasher is an unknown quantity at this point

WE've just relocated to Jo'burg and used our work address for the mail forwarding - seems to work OK.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 2:01 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bundubasher
WE've just relocated to Jo'burg and used our work address for the mail forwarding - seems to work OK.

Isn't ity just PO BOxes in africa? do they have mailmen?
Old Sep 16th 2004, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Bundubasher is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife's company doesn't have a PO box number and nor does our apartment in Jo'burg but both get regular mail. In Zimbabwe we had a PO box as our apartments' mail handling wasn't secure. If you want more security for your mail then get a PO box - it's all about the ratio of convenience:security in the end.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by smwmcd
Does anyone know how to go about organising a post box in SA - (Cape Town Area) - I will need a forwarding address for my imminent re-direction and have no clue how to do this as I won't have a permanent address there for some months

thanks

Try http://www.postnet.co.za they can set you up a private PO Box from the UK, in some respects thay are better than the RSA Post Office as they use couriers and not the Govt Post Office as it is rife with theft and corruption. Depending on where you are going to live you might end up on a waiting list for a govt PO Box as they are in short supply. You will need to know the post code area you are going to be living, Cape Town is a big place !!