Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa > South Africa
Reload this Page >

Facts, figures and other deliberations ... CT

Facts, figures and other deliberations ... CT

Old Dec 21st 2012, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of light
Default Facts, figures and other deliberations ... CT

Originally Posted by Syed NYC
H
1. Do banks give out car loans to expats? If there loan to income ratio?
2. General question on the cities crime rate, are there a lot of robberies? Is it safe to have a drink and walk back home at night?
3. It seems like everyone pays the same income tax. Can someone give me an idea of how much it is?
4. Is there anyone out there that works for an ad agency? I want a little guidance on compensation?
1. No
2. I wouldnt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KobDF_kP0Ns

Will leave the rest for the others to answer ...
Old Dec 21st 2012, 2:47 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Cape Town

Originally Posted by kiwibok
1. No
2. I wouldnt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KobDF_kP0Ns

Will leave the rest for the others to answer ...
Have you posted the McIntyre link for Miami in the US forums? Or the one about Limerick in the Irish forums? (Limerick??) Or Paris in the French forums? Or are you still only trolling in the SA ones?

Random quote from the first 5 minutes: "it's not a matter of chance, it's a matter of when". So everyone WILL be a victim of crime???? Did you actually watch the link?

Houses are fortresses? Really?? Not where my mates live.

The first police incident he goes to is clearly on the outskirts of a township, and is a domestic incident, not in a tourist area, the 2nd is a domestic with a man beating a woman in the veld, the 3rd is at a taxi rank.

13mins, 27 seconds...."the next morning Capetonians are waking up after another night of violence IN THE TOWNSHIPS".

I gave up after that because I was laughing so hard.

Same old Kiwibok. Happy Christmas mate.

What a load of bollocks
Old Dec 21st 2012, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ededed
Have you posted the McIntyre link for Miami in the US forums? Or the one about Limerick in the Irish forums? (Limerick??) Or Paris in the French forums? Or are you still only trolling in the SA ones?

Random quote from the first 5 minutes: "it's not a matter of chance, it's a matter of when". So everyone WILL be a victim of crime???? Did you actually watch the link?

Houses are fortresses? Really?? Not where my mates live.

The first police incident he goes to is clearly on the outskirts of a township, and is a domestic incident, not in a tourist area, the 2nd is a domestic with a man beating a woman in the veld, the 3rd is at a taxi rank.

13mins, 27 seconds...."the next morning Capetonians are waking up after another night of violence IN THE TOWNSHIPS".

I gave up after that because I was laughing so hard.

Same old Kiwibok. Happy Christmas mate.

What a load of bollocks
bollocks?

Todays news in Cape Town:
Metrorail security boosted by ex-soldiers

I am nearly falling off my chair mate. WHere else in the world have you ever heard of a place that needs ex-soldiers to make public transport safe? (280 of them)

But yea... whatever floats your boat. Just saying it like it is.

Keep up with the news mate. I just got back from South Africa.
http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/western-cape
Old Dec 21st 2012, 10:01 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

bollocks?

Todays news in Cape Town:
Metrorail security boosted by ex-soldiers

I am nearly falling off my chair mate. WHere else in the world have you ever heard of a place that needs ex-soldiers to make public transport safe? (280 of them)

But yea... whatever floats your boat. Just saying it like it is.

Keep up with the news mate. I just got back from South Africa.
http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/western-cape
Troll.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

At least Gauteng is nice and safe:

JOHANNESBURG - Police in Gauteng said they have not experienced any major crime incidents in the province since the start of the festive season.

They say only isolated incidents of house robberies, murder and business robberies were reported.
http://ewn.co.za/2012/12/29/Quiet-Gauteng-for-police

Ed, how do the SA police define major crime? Just curious?
Old Dec 31st 2012, 2:58 am

How on earth would I know? I bet you sobbed when you read that. I can just imagine you, hunched over your laptop, desperate for bad news stories about SA so you can post them on here. Pitiful.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

rosario will become famous soon enough

I have received Christmas greetings from friends who live, outside Robertson.Western Cape Their front door is only 10 feet from the road with no high fencing. My friend (female) teacher of children with special needs etc had until recently been travelling daily to Cape Town, now working nearby her home. Their daughter has just won scholarship to Wits Uni for Masters degree. Whilst doing her 1st degree in George she won bursaries every year.
The family is white and are not wealthy but it does show that not everything is bad in SA. I do not know the crime figures for their area. They never ever complain but just get on with life. Their oldest daughter with Downs sydrome gets grant from government. I agree that the city can be a dangerous place but there are other parts of the country and it is a very big country where. life goes on as normal.
My friend gained her special skills for looking after children by the experience she got from looking after children with foetal alcohol syndrone caused by the parents getting much of their wages in wine!!
Happy New Year to all SA thread followers.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year!
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rosario
I have received Christmas greetings from friends who live, outside Robertson.Western Cape
The family is white and are not wealthy but it does show that not everything is bad in SA. I do not know the crime figures for their area.
Robertson Western Cape (Population 18341) Crime Stats:

http://www.saps.gov.za/statistics/re.../robertson.pdf

Murder 12
Sexual Crimes: 55
Attempted Murder: 6
Assault 261+255
Robbery: 13+12
Burglary at residential premises: 222
Burglary at non res (Business?) premises: 60
Drug related crime: 482
Kidnapping: 2

Old Jan 2nd 2013, 8:43 pm

Murder 12
Assault 261+255

I bet you're fun to take to parties.

Tell me again, do you post crime stats in other forums? In Brazil? The UK? Spain? Or are you still only trolling in SA?
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

rosario will become famous soon enough

Murder 12
Assault 261+255

Well I looked at your figures and they are the total for a year and when I looked at the figures for 10 years ago they had reduced quite a bit. I would think the district of Robertson takes in quite a few towns I live in small town in Shropshire and since I came here 6 years ago there have been 5 murders plus two other shocking cases of fathers killing the whole family!! I was only pointing out that there are some good things but you only ever want to see the worst. This is a small safe town but bad things happen everywhere.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ededed
I bet you're fun to take to parties.

Tell me again, do you post crime stats in other forums? In Brazil? The UK? Spain? Or are you still only trolling in SA?
So you saying I should just ignore the OP's question then? I'm posting facts from the SAPS website and just answering the OP's question ... If you disagree then feel free to come back with some facts!

Originally Posted by Syed NYC
2. General question on the cities crime rate, are there a lot of robberies? Is it safe to have a drink and walk back home at night?
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 9:44 pm

So you saying I should just ignore the OP's question then? I'm posting facts from the SAPS website and just answering the OP's question ... If you disagree then feel free to come back with some facts!
But you don't. You never answer my questions. Never respond to anything but post hysterical links which don't stand up to scrutiny. You are a sad little troll and are so blinded by your attempts to justify your "escape" that you have lost the ability to present a reasonable argument.

I'd put you on ignore but I enjoy showing my mates your posts round the campfire. My son came out for Christmas from the UK. He can't wait to move here. Would I have let him come if I didn't think it was safe? There's a question for you to answer.

Anyway, keep going. You are doing your cause no help by posting links to township and domestic violence.

How did your cricket team get on by the way? Or are you still a fan of teams that win while doing all you can to run down the country with bile and irrelevant vitriol?
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well I looked at your figures and they are the total for a year and when I looked at the figures for 10 years ago they had reduced quite a bit. I would think the district of Robertson takes in quite a few towns I live in small town in Shropshire and since I came here 6 years ago there have been 5 murders plus two other shocking cases of fathers killing the whole family!! I was only pointing out that there are some good things but you only ever want to see the worst. This is a small safe town but bad things happen everywhere.
Correct, they are for a year.

Just posted the stats because you mentioned you did not know the crime figures for the area. I did not imply they were bad or good. The op can make his/her own assumption on that.

Back on the topic of Robertson. Do yourself a favour, google “farm protests Robertson western cape” . You sound very out of touch ...
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Blah blah blahhh ....

As for your son. Each to their own. I know two families here in NZ that moved back to SA. They sold up everything. Guess what. The one family returned to New Zealand only 3 months after arriving back in SA. The other, they on there way back trying to get the money together as its been the biggest mistake of their lives returning to SA. They have lost everything, luckily for them they have their NZ permanent residence to return to. I hope your son is returning to SA with his? Or at least a secondary passport (get out of jail free card!)

I don’t support the Allblacks by the way. Nor the Black caps! I have always supported the Springboks and Proteas!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.