Working in Singapore

Old Apr 5th 2024, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all
Default Working in Singapore

After much debating ..and my credentials ..I am looking to work in Singapore on a one-year Visa from Canada. Should I apply within Singapore, or apply from the outside, my GF lives there and I do have a place there....trying to debate if I should go there and apply.
Ty
Old Apr 5th 2024, 11:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working in Singapore

Originally Posted by goins
After much debating ..and my credentials ..I am looking to work in Singapore on a one-year Visa from Canada. Should I apply within Singapore, or apply from the outside, my GF lives there and I do have a place there....trying to debate if I should go there and apply.
Ty
Which pass/visa specifically are you asking about?
Old Apr 5th 2024, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

From a quick look its your employer or employers agent who has to apply for visa.

https://www.internations.org/singapo...s-work-permits
Old Apr 5th 2024, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all

A one-year work visa allows to the S pass..
Old Apr 5th 2024, 5:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

A one-year work visa allows to the S pass..
OK so for the S pass you need the job offer first and it's your employer that has to apply for it - and you can't move until you have it. https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-pe...facts#pass-map
Old Apr 5th 2024, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Correct...or go there and apply
Old Apr 5th 2024, 7:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Where does it say that is an option?
Old Apr 5th 2024, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you know this to be the case why ask the question?
Old Apr 6th 2024, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

It not the caase, i just said go there and apply meaning I will be there and its good to ask the questions , never said I know that,
Old Apr 6th 2024, 5:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

It not the caase, i just said go there and apply meaning I will be there and its good to ask the questions , never said I know that,
Yes, but from the link above you can't go there and apply (which makes senseā€¦.visas are for entry to a country, you can't normally apply for them in that country). So if you follow the info in the link above you must apply from your home country - or to be more precise, your employer must.
Old Apr 11th 2024, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Correct ty apply from outside...
Old Apr 11th 2024, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry for annoying you. What agencies would help with a job search and present for a working S-Visa..been looking but companies pop up ..

Thank you
Old Apr 11th 2024, 5:47 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

What agencies would help with a job search and present for a working S-Visa
You can look on jobstreet.com.sg but it's very hard to find employment for someone that doesn't have the right to work in Singapore.

You basically need to find a company that wants to bring you to Singapore and agree a job contract with them. If you have a girlfriend there, and could possibly live with her, then your costs per month will be much lower than if you had to rent something by yourself.

Also, should you get married then things might become a lot easier in terms of the right to live and work in Singapore.
Old Apr 13th 2024, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

ty very much