Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Wedding dress-random question!

Wedding dress-random question!

Old Dec 17th 2012, 12:34 am
Just Joined

JMR-S is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wedding dress-random question!

Hi all,

My fiance and I have just found out that we will be moving to Singapore in early January. We are getting married in August in the States and I had previously planned on purchasing my wedding dress in London (so I could have a few fittings before the wedding) in January...Obviously this isn't going to work now and I need to consider buying it or having it made in Singapore. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with this and what I can expect in terms of options and price. I would love to get the dress made for me but I just have no idea if this is viable or how much it could cost.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Jane
Old Dec 17th 2012, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wedding dress-random question!

There are perhaps more wedding shops here than in UK.
Dunno about price but quality is good.
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

JMR-S is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that, I may wait and see what Singapore has to offer then!
Old Jan 24th 2013, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

winston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to behold

Much cheaper to pop across to JB in Malaysia to have it made.
Old Jan 27th 2013, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

JMR-S - congratulations on your forthcoming wedding and move!

ex reg - I'm not sure why you say that - there are thousands of wedding dress shops in the UK.

JMR-S - another thing to consider is that unless you're Asian woman sized (i.e. tiny by Western standards!) you're unlikely to be able to buy a wedding dress here so having it made would be your best option.

(Finding everyday clothes here is difficult for the same reason).