Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Want to move to Singapore

Want to move to Singapore

Old Feb 13th 2013, 9:58 am
Just Joined

simbaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Want to move to Singapore

Hi ALL,

Hope all is well

I'm new and just happen to find this lovely site and thought i join while searching for opportunities in Singapore

My background is in finance, I have done various roles in this industry and being made redundant recently, I would like to venture out.

I have already been to Singapore few months back and loved it! I can confirm i would like to spend some time there working and living.

My only problem is finding work out there. I have tried applying for roles online but most of them require you to be a 'Singaporean or Permanent Resident'. Now I been whisking through this site and see so many people securing roles and wondering how the hell do you guys do it!

I do not a professional qualification like a ACCA, CFA IMC etc but do hold a degree in Economics. So i think i have some foundation of working there even if it meets the minimum requirements for any finance related jobs.

If anyone can advise/guide me on the best process of transferring out there it would much appreciated. I can send CV/Resume to any relevant person(s)

Hopefully, I can contribute in some way, through advice to others while I leach advice off others in return!

Anyway, hope you're all well and having a great day!
Old Feb 13th 2013, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to move to Singapore

You might also try Hong Kong and post this in the HK forum.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 12:45 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Simbaa and welcome to the forum

I think most of the posters on here recently were being shifted to Singapore by their employers. Ex-Reg will know better than me, but I think Singapore is not such an easy place to get into these days.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi simbaa

Welcome to the forum.

I think your best bet is to try and find an agency dealing in your type of work and see what they can come up with.

Sorry - I don't know any - but maybe someone else will have some names.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

simbaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

Firstly, thank you for the welcome

I prefer Singapore to hong kong as i can relate my background to it. I also dont mind Malaysia or Thailand.

I have tried agencies but like i said im finding those hard to find online. I have found a few but most of them require permanent residents. I understand it is very hard like you all said, but im sure its worth making a shot and i know someone on here is ready to roll their sleeves up and help! lol

Does anyone know any international headhunters specializing recruiting for Singapore?

thanks again for the replies peeps!
Old Feb 13th 2013, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

Just asked Mr Bocat and this is the agency he came over with originally. He works in IT for a bank but I think they recruit in different sectors.

http://sg.huxley.com/