Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

urgent help needed! 53 yr old Brit

urgent help needed! 53 yr old Brit

Old Jan 20th 2024, 2:23 am
Just Joined

Jste is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation urgent help needed! 53 yr old Brit

I could really use some advice… my marriage has broken down & I have no money, I’m on a dependent pass so unable to work. My wife I feel has been planning this for months, she is accusing me of things that simply aren’t true, she’s stopped all access to any funds, she wants me out, I have no family in the uk to help me, I have no savings, I was on medication for anxiety & depression but she stopped & refused to pay for the prescription months ago, I don’t know what to do I don’t even have money for a bus & even if I did where can I go? Please someone advise me coz right now I have zero options Many Thanks
Old Jan 20th 2024, 3:08 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: urgent help needed! 53 yr old Brit

Originally Posted by Jste
I could really use some advice… my marriage has broken down & I have no money, I’m on a dependent pass so unable to work. My wife I feel has been planning this for months, she is accusing me of things that simply aren’t true, she’s stopped all access to any funds, she wants me out, I have no family in the uk to help me, I have no savings, I was on medication for anxiety & depression but she stopped & refused to pay for the prescription months ago, I don’t know what to do I don’t even have money for a bus & even if I did where can I go? Please someone advise me coz right now I have zero options Many Thanks
All I can think of is consular assistance

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ef_0606-14.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/world/organisatio...sion-singapore

Hopefully either they can help, or someone else can think of other options

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jan 20th 2024 at 4:31 am.
Old Jan 20th 2024, 3:44 am
Just Joined

Jste is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi & thanks for the reply, I have tried the consulate you provided but tbh they’re no help whatsoever.
Old Jan 23rd 2024, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

sri_p15 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is sad situation. recommend consular assistance and since you are on dependent visa , the healthcare is not free for you. You should try to move to your home country/city where you get free/cheap access to healthcare and work on your health first.
Old Apr 5th 2024, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all

The poor chap does not have money
Old Apr 5th 2024, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all

Call the British consulate in Singapore and ask for directions and some help taking passport
Old Apr 5th 2024, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps if you regularly attend a church they may provide advice. There maybe other charitable groups to offer you advice. At least you appear to be able to access the internet.
Old Apr 11th 2024, 5:32 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jste
I’m on a dependent pass so unable to work
I believe one Dependent Pass holder (for every EP holder) can apply for a Letter of Consent in order to work in Singapore, which would then allow you to seek employment and earn enough money to finance your trip home.

Would your wife allow you to stay long enough for that to happen? Also, is she (and/or yourself) seeking a divorce? That might be easier whilst you are still in one place, so if that is the case then maybe she should allow you to stay long enough to complete everything and purchase your flights out of Singapore?