Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Transport to & from airport.

Transport to & from airport.

Old Aug 8th 2011, 1:40 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transport to & from airport.

With luggage???

And anyhow (and maybe I'm out Of date on this) but I thought that big bags were not allowed on MRT?
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:53 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Are we still talking about this? Right, assuming that getting the MRT hasn't been totally discounted by now -

Firstly, ignore the post about Simei - that station is right up at the top of the island and somebody is being sarcastic/deliberately unhelpful.

Secondly, there are now trains with special areas near the doors, designed for you to stand with luggage. Otherwise what's the point of having a station at the airport?

I think you need to change at Tanah Merah. This is the site for planning MRT journeys http://www.smrt.com.sg/trains/trains.asp and this is more information from the airport website itself http://www.changiairport.com/getting-around

The train station is not "a distance away", it is IN the airport. How far you walk depends on which terminal you go into but it is all undercover and easy. The terminals are connected by a skytrain; I haven't used it for years so can't remember specifics, see here:
http://www.changiairport.com/getting...minal-transfer

Where you get off depends on where your hotel is - you'd probably alight at City Hall or at least change there for another line. As Inselaffen correctly pointed out, probably not Raffles as that is the business district. Hotel websites should have this information, there are helpdesks in the airport, and Google Maps very helpful too.

A new line and more stations have opened since I left. Here's the network map: http://www.smrt.com.sg/trains/network_map.asp

I'm sure the troll is having a good laugh at all the confusion they have managed to cause.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:07 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Great info seasider. I am out of date unless you want to know about driving into Singapore from Malaysia.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

sue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nice

Thanks for replys did taxi and cheap but travelled rest of hols by MRT what a great transport system.