Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Traffic in and out of Sentosa Island in rush hours

Traffic in and out of Sentosa Island in rush hours

Old May 18th 2013, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

hello222 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Traffic in and out of Sentosa Island in rush hours

Hi there

Our estate agent took us to see a flat in Sentosa Island. Nice and quiet place but we are just a bit worried about the traffic in and out of the island. Does anyone know how heavy the traffic is during rush hour around 7:30 am to 7:45 am getting out of the island.

Your information is much appreciated.
Old May 24th 2013, 1:15 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traffic in and out of Sentosa Island in rush hours

You're actually in Singapore now? Why don't you just go over to Sentosa at that time and check out first hand?

So....what's your first thoughts on Singapore then? Any surprises? Hope you're enjoying the experience.
Old May 25th 2013, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for your reply. We fell in love with the flat and decided to live there.

My first impression of Singapore is a very good one. Very clean, safe, rich and beautiful. We love it. It is very hot and humid but after dark when the temperature drops, one can have a nice stroll. We just have to change our habbit a bit. Get up early in the morning and do all the chores and hide indoors during daytime and go out in the evening again. It is a wonderful place. My husband and I are very happy that we came.
Old May 25th 2013, 2:08 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

That's great to hear So you'll be living on Sentosa? Wow. Sounds good to me. I know some folks think that Sentosa is very false: man-made, but I think it's a great place. Mind you, I haven't visited for a few years so it's probably changed a bit I imagine. I'll have to dig out some of my old pics and post on here.

Yes the evenings do cool down a bit. I'm sure you'll get acclimatised.

When will you be moving out there? Or are you already there? Have fun anyway.
Old May 25th 2013, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

yes, it is a bit man made but the price of the flats in nice areas in the city are more expensive and there are building sites everywhere.

It is a 'longish' way to the city but hopefully at least we will have some peace and quiet.
Old May 25th 2013, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

Have not signed any contract yet. Still in the negotiating process.
Old May 13th 2014, 9:26 am
Just Joined

westwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello222 wonder how you settled in Sentosa. We are looking at that direction, a bit worrying if it's a bit to away from convenience of shops and markets, and also if it's possible to live there without a car? Or anyone else who lives/lived there may be could share their views on living there. I will be looking at it in about a month, it does look lovely but would be nice to get feedback from inside, from somebody who lived there for a while.
Thank you.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

MickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by westwest
Hello222 wonder how you settled in Sentosa. We are looking at that direction, a bit worrying if it's a bit to away from convenience of shops and markets, and also if it's possible to live there without a car? Or anyone else who lives/lived there may be could share their views on living there. I will be looking at it in about a month, it does look lovely but would be nice to get feedback from inside, from somebody who lived there for a while.
Thank you.
Sentosa living - rich board!

There are free buses running from Sentosa Cove that connect with the main bus station at Sentosa (I believe) and from there is a free bus to Vivo City on the main island. If not, then the Sentosa Cove bus runs direct to Vivo City.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 1:07 pm

Welcome to the forum Mick
Old Jun 18th 2014, 5:10 am
Just Joined

MickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to beholdMickG24 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Welcome to the forum Mick
Thanks