Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore or Dubai moving with a Dog

Singapore or Dubai moving with a Dog

Old Dec 17th 2013, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

eastrunner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Singapore or Dubai moving with a Dog

Hiya,

My wife and I are looking of the option of relocating to Singapore with our Dog as well (a Labrador retriever) so I have some questions.

We are at the early stages of our research and considering Dubai vs. Singapore

I work in Financial Services Asset management- As a Manager Investment Management to be exact and my wife has a Legal background and works as a Legal researcher.

We are planning to make a short trip early next year and meet recruiters and also potentially line-up some interviews with some prospective employers.

Do Employment pass’s entirely depend on finding a job first? (or are there open Employment pass/work permits where one can work for any employer in a sector)

We will have to rent a small house with a small garden or some outside space for out four legged friend, is that impossibility? Are houses very expensive to rent. I have seen some landed properties for about $4000-5000/a month on property guru.

Also if one of us finds a Job first can the other get on a dependant visa and work without restrictions?

As I understand correctly once I find a job then I apply for an Employment pass after. Do the potential employers take care of this or is it up to me to sort out the paperwork?.

I read in the press and FT that the Singaporean Govt is keen on curbing foreign workers, so are jobs to overseas candidates secondary over local candidates?

Thanks in advance

ER
Old Dec 18th 2013, 12:35 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore or Dubai moving with a Dog

Just to say Hi and welcome to the forum
Old Dec 18th 2013, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Bakedbean looking forward to some insider info!!
Old Dec 24th 2013, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

FaeLLe is an unknown quantity at this point

I have lived in Dubai and Singapore (currently) and own a large dog.

You will definitely find a bigger place for rent in Dubai and overall UAE is more dog friendly with lot of places to walk and play with your dog.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Thanks FaeLLe appriciate your comments
Old Feb 19th 2014, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Valesarl is an unknown quantity at this point

not all home owners are pet friendly, some might prefer not to have tenants with pets