Salary expectation

Old Jun 3rd 2018, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Reubens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Salary expectation

Hi everyone,

Would appreciate your advice on this - it's likely I am to be offered a Senior Director role for the SE Asia region for a large company that operates in the construction sector. I have 16 years experience in the industry.

Just wondering what sort of package would be market competitive for this type of role. My understanding is that salaries in Singapore are between 30-50% higher than the equivalent salary in Europe. Not sure how accurate this is.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 10:29 am
Just Joined

Tom007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Salary expectation

Originally Posted by Reubens
Hi everyone,

Would appreciate your advice on this - it's likely I am to be offered a Senior Director role for the SE Asia region for a large company that operates in the construction sector. I have 16 years experience in the industry.

Just wondering what sort of package would be market competitive for this type of role. My understanding is that salaries in Singapore are between 30-50% higher than the equivalent salary in Europe. Not sure how accurate this is.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

I have a similar position with a cash offer of $454K not including benefits, healthcare, expenses, relocation etc which are all on top.
This is a local salary offer, I would have to pay for my own housing and schooling...

It would be good to gauge what you receive

Last edited by Tom007; Jun 3rd 2018 at 11:29 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Reubens is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tom007
I have a similar position with a cash offer of $454K not including benefits, healthcare, expenses, relocation etc which are all on top.
This is a local salary offer, I would have to pay for my own housing and schooling...

It would be good to gauge what you receive
Thanks for the reply Tom - this certainly sounds like a good deal! Have you been told how it is broken down? I.e. basic/housing/schooling? Cheers
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Tom007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Reubens
Thanks for the reply Tom - this certainly sounds like a good deal! Have you been told how it is broken down? I.e. basic/housing/schooling? Cheers
No this is just my salary...how I spend it on housing or schooling is upto me
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Both work out to be the same in gross salary. Are the package benefits much different (relocation, pension, healthcare). The only thing you need to consider is your housing, schooling and tax costs...which you say would be more in Singapore. But do the benefits outweigh these.

Then there are the intangibles. Would you and your family adjust better in Dubai or Singapore. You don't mention the expected duties in Dubai. Are there only regional short hops and are this to safe localities. The flight locations for Singapore seems doable.

Can't offer advice about the competitiveness of the salary.
Old Jan 16th 2019, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Mlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond repute

Check Glassdoor for comparison. Good place to start checking market rates.
Old Feb 14th 2019, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

EveryonesEd is an unknown quantity at this point

Senior Director i would imagine at least around SGD25-30k/mo base.

its pretty easy to benchmark costs for housing and schooling. PropertyGuru is a good site to check out if you haven’t already.

A car is a good thing to work into the package. At that level it should be included as well.