British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Singapore (https://britishexpats.com/forum/singapore-131/)
-   -   Salary expectation (https://britishexpats.com/forum/singapore-131/salary-expectation-913516/)

Reubens Jun 3rd 2018 7:38 am

Salary expectation

Hi everyone,

Would appreciate your advice on this - it's likely I am to be offered a Senior Director role for the SE Asia region for a large company that operates in the construction sector. I have 16 years experience in the industry.

Just wondering what sort of package would be market competitive for this type of role. My understanding is that salaries in Singapore are between 30-50% higher than the equivalent salary in Europe. Not sure how accurate this is.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Tom007 Jun 3rd 2018 10:29 am

Re: Salary expectation

Originally Posted by Reubens (Post 12509749)
Hi everyone,

Would appreciate your advice on this - it's likely I am to be offered a Senior Director role for the SE Asia region for a large company that operates in the construction sector. I have 16 years experience in the industry.

Just wondering what sort of package would be market competitive for this type of role. My understanding is that salaries in Singapore are between 30-50% higher than the equivalent salary in Europe. Not sure how accurate this is.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

I have a similar position with a cash offer of $454K not including benefits, healthcare, expenses, relocation etc which are all on top.
This is a local salary offer, I would have to pay for my own housing and schooling...

It would be good to gauge what you receive

Reubens Jun 3rd 2018 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Tom007 (Post 12509792)
I have a similar position with a cash offer of $454K not including benefits, healthcare, expenses, relocation etc which are all on top.
This is a local salary offer, I would have to pay for my own housing and schooling...

It would be good to gauge what you receive

Thanks for the reply Tom - this certainly sounds like a good deal! Have you been told how it is broken down? I.e. basic/housing/schooling? Cheers

Tom007 Jun 3rd 2018 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Reubens (Post 12509824)
Thanks for the reply Tom - this certainly sounds like a good deal! Have you been told how it is broken down? I.e. basic/housing/schooling? Cheers

No this is just my salary...how I spend it on housing or schooling is upto me

RedApe Jun 3rd 2018 12:20 pm

Both work out to be the same in gross salary. Are the package benefits much different (relocation, pension, healthcare). The only thing you need to consider is your housing, schooling and tax costs...which you say would be more in Singapore. But do the benefits outweigh these.

Then there are the intangibles. Would you and your family adjust better in Dubai or Singapore. You don't mention the expected duties in Dubai. Are there only regional short hops and are this to safe localities. The flight locations for Singapore seems doable.

Can't offer advice about the competitiveness of the salary.

Mlee888 Jan 16th 2019 6:56 am

Check Glassdoor for comparison. Good place to start checking market rates.

EveryonesEd Feb 14th 2019 12:44 pm

Senior Director i would imagine at least around SGD25-30k/mo base.

its pretty easy to benchmark costs for housing and schooling. PropertyGuru is a good site to check out if you haven’t already.

A car is a good thing to work into the package. At that level it should be included as well.