Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Relocatio Companies: Beware Classic Moving!n

Relocatio Companies: Beware Classic Moving!n

Old Mar 4th 2014, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Desert Rat 10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocatio Companies: Beware Classic Moving!n

We moved a few months ago, using Classic Moving on recommendation. The cases went from our condo right downstairs and straight into, or so we thought, their lorry. We got to Dubai and my wife was left with a manual checklist to try and tick off over 250 boxes. When we finally unpacked we saw that the box with my camera, lenses and sunglasses had disappeared. Now I doubt Dubai customs took it. It could only have disappeared between my front door ad the lorry in Singapore. Classic Moving paid lip service to trying to find it, basically saying insurance should cover it (which it did for a mere fraction of what "disappeared". Then I got radio silence from them. They really could not care less. It irks me that someone is out there with my camera and kit. If the case had been lost overboard then I would not have such a problem. The moral of this is do not be rushed into ticking off boxes, and watch every box go into the truck and do not expect post-delivery service from Classic Moving. In fact, once we signed up, the service was pretty slack. Try another mover.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 12:29 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocatio Companies: Beware Classic Moving!n

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Sorry that your first post is a moan. Movers can be very trying, I know. I just googled the company you mentioned and a link to another site came up from 2011 came up with.....another moan from someone else, so they sound like real gems.

So you're in Dubai now? You may like to check out the Middle East section on here, which is a quite lively section. Hope you're enjoying it there.