Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Need help looking for Singapore short term acommodation

Need help looking for Singapore short term acommodation

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

dearoldsmee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help looking for Singapore short term acommodation

Hello,
I'm a student in the UK going to Singapore for a 6wk internship, and need to find somewhere to stay for that time. I can't really afford the service apartments, and wondered if anyone had any advice on how to find cheaper, short term accommodation there.

Thanks very much!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:30 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Need help looking for Singapore short term acommodation

Originally Posted by dearoldsmee
Hello,
I'm a student in the UK going to Singapore for a 6wk internship, and need to find somewhere to stay for that time. I can't really afford the service apartments, and wondered if anyone had any advice on how to find cheaper, short term accommodation there.

Thanks very much!
I would have thought that if the internship is part of your university course, that your uni would be able to help - or the company that you will be doing your internship with.

The YMCA has a number of properties in Singapore (including hotel style accommodation) and flats, so just google for their websites.

Also check out the forums on http://www.expatsingapore.com

as you may find some help from expats currently resident there.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:02 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help looking for Singapore short term acommodation

There are hostels and backpacker hotels but Singapore is not a cheap place to stay.

As Englishmum suggests, try the universities first. Then maybe try hotels with both private and dorm rooms, such as the Hangout @ Mt Emily or the betelbox. Maybe going on the Lonely Planet Thorntree forum would be useful.

I've just found this site: http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels...ore/singapore/

Might be useful but be aware that some of the cheaper hotels may have rooms by the hour, if you get what I mean. Avoid Hotel 81s if they are located in Geylang, for instance - definitely brothels - but the one in Chinatown may be ok. Ditto Fragrance hotels.

Happy to advise you if you post again here and give me an idea of budget and where your internship will be located.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:59 am
Just Joined

abbie_ttt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Thanks very much!
Hey there,

I can offer you 1 bedroom in a large fully furnished 3 bedrooms flat I am subletting on a sharing basis.

The rental is as follow:

Master Bedroom with attached SGD 1700/month or SGD 730/week
Standard bedrooms: SGD 1260/month or SGD540/week
It is located in Dover Park view on Dover Rise, 10 minutes walk to Buona Vista MRT station on the west East line that serves the city in 15 minutes. Dover Park view is also located on the One North area that embeds Biopolis, Science Parks , NUS and NUH.
Dover Park View is a very nice condo with all facilities.
That flat has cable TV and WIFI internet, and we can arrange weekly Maid
service 135 SGD/ week.
You can find pictures of the condo and of the flat on the following links:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lmbhousing/D_A0102_3
http://picasaweb.google.com/lmbhousi..._DoverParkView

So far the flat is empty and I am searching 3 tenants same profile as yours who would be happy to share it: let me know if you are interested in this type of rental.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Abbie
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:25 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

It may be nice but that's an expensive condo for a student, and expensive for that area too - you could find a 1-bed apartment for that price.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
It may be nice but that's an expensive condo for a student, and expensive for that area too - you could find a 1-bed apartment for that price.
Agree.

Surprised the University don't offer assistance with this short term stuff.

In fact some of those hostels on the link that seasider put up look very good value.

Last edited by ex reg; Mar 15th 2007 at 3:05 am.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 3:22 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=abbie_ttt;4517173]Hey there,

Hi 'Seasider',

Ha ha, I'm sure you are not aware of the short term renting market & condition in Singapore... wondering are you really from Singapore?

Btw, just for your information, One-North area is one of the most growing area in Singapore nowadays, as there are more & more industrial park are developing now, such as Science Park, Biopolis, etc. This area also consist of many (International) educational institutions, such as INSEAD, NUS, NUH etc... This area are highly occupied by expatriates too...Moreover, with AYE & other express way & public transportation, this area has ready access to downtown, it might only takes you 10 - 30 mins, come to the worst, 45 mins (which is rare)...And based on the article "Subarban areas lead the way in rental growth" on newspaper last week, rental for West area is the most increased which is (27.8%), compare with North&North-East (15.2%), Central (19.2%), East (23.2%) & Islandwide (17.4%).

Oh yeah, did I mention it is fully funished condominium apartments, I think my offer is among the cheapest one in the Singapore rental market, especially if you compared with service apartments/ hotel downtown
Old Mar 15th 2007, 3:43 am
Auntie Fa

I'm totally aware of the situation in Singapore, and I've lived here 5 years.

I'm not knocking your rates, but I don't think your offer is suitable for this poster, whom I am trying to help.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Seasider
I'm totally aware of the situation in Singapore, and I've lived here 5 years.

I'm not knocking your rates, but I don't think your offer is suitable for this poster, whom I am trying to help.
Don't worry, I know what you mean
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:39 am
Just Joined

dearoldsmee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, not to worry everyone I found a room in an apartment with 2 students who live in Singapore with everything I need. Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Hello, not to worry everyone I found a room in an apartment with 2 students who live in Singapore with everything I need. Thanks for your help.
Great
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:22 am
Just Joined

RickB is an unknown quantity at this point

Abbie_ttt, Do you have any of your places still available that you wrote about above? I am looking for a bedroom for two months, from mid to latter-April. Same area, Clementi-NUS-Buona Vista, etc. Thanks.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RickB
Abbie_ttt, Do you have any of your places still available that you wrote about above? I am looking for a bedroom for two months, from mid to latter-April. Same area, Clementi-NUS-Buona Vista, etc. Thanks.

Hi Rick. Yes it should be available by that time, but currently have a short term tenant. May I know exact date for your staying period? So that I can arrange for it.

Let me know asap k

Regards,
Abbie TAN
Old Mar 30th 2007, 3:16 am
Just Joined

RickB is an unknown quantity at this point

Abbie,
My times are for April 20, until mid-June. There is some flexibility on each end.
Please contact me at [email protected] re following this up. Thx,
Rick
Old May 20th 2007, 2:10 am
Just Joined

manavkapoor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by abbie_ttt
Hey there,

I can offer you 1 bedroom in a large fully furnished 3 bedrooms flat I am subletting on a sharing basis.

The rental is as follow:

Master Bedroom with attached SGD 1700/month or SGD 730/week
Standard bedrooms: SGD 1260/month or SGD540/week
It is located in Dover Park view on Dover Rise, 10 minutes walk to Buona Vista MRT station on the west East line that serves the city in 15 minutes. Dover Park view is also located on the One North area that embeds Biopolis, Science Parks , NUS and NUH.
Dover Park View is a very nice condo with all facilities.
That flat has cable TV and WIFI internet, and we can arrange weekly Maid
service 135 SGD/ week.
You can find pictures of the condo and of the flat on the following links:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lmbhousing/D_A0102_3
http://picasaweb.google.com/lmbhousi..._DoverParkView

So far the flat is empty and I am searching 3 tenants same profile as yours who would be happy to share it: let me know if you are interested in this type of rental.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Abbie
hi abbie,

i was wondering if you still have a room available. I am looking to rent next week.

thanks.
manav.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.