Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Move to Singapore in January

Move to Singapore in January

Old Jan 1st 2013, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

lcooney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Move to Singapore in January

I will be moving to Singapore in January for 3 months with my job.

I love to travel and would like to see as much as I can on the weekends. I love music, good food and wine. Welcome any suggestions or advise.

Thank you

Louise
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to Singapore in January

KL by train.

Malacca for a long weekend.
Stay in the Puri or Baba House for a local flavour hotel but pre book.
Walk around the close by Heritage area.

JB for an overnighter. Try the Tebrau Market hawker food. Don't worry about the hygene we've never had stomach problems eating there loads of times over 25 years.

Desaru if you can get there for empty beaches. Not a lot else.

Batam in Indonesia but not really much there. Or maybe Bintang if you play golf.

Further afield then Penang, don't stay in the Batu Feringgi hotels but try the E & O if your first time there and read the Penang threads for ideas of what to do where to eat.
Tanjung Bungah Hotels are OK.

Even Kuching in Sarawk.

Lots to look around in Singapore but it is a hub for other places.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 3:17 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to Singapore in January

In Penang, can think about the G Hotel too. Is rated well and on Gurney Drive... nice promenade.

If you're after beaches:
try Phuket (Thailand) or Koh Samui on t'other side.

Oh gosh, you are spoilt for choice in Singapore, and have the best and most efficient airport in the World to boot.

Have fun