Life in Singapore

Old Oct 24th 2018, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Sansarya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Life in Singapore

Hello

I’m currently based in the UK, and recently asked by work if I have any appetite to move over to our Singapore branch. It’s all still very preliminary and nowhere near salary negotiations and packages etc.

At this stage I was just wondering what life is like in Singapore? I’ve been multiple times for work and once for pleasure, and on that basis I really do love it out there. I’ve lived abroad before so I understand that short trips and holidays don’t always show you what it’s like to be living there.

Im in my early 20s, female, single, no kids or family that I would bring with me.

I guess what I would really like to know is what life is like for young single people in Singapore? I am aware how expensive it is in bars and clubs out there, does that impact on the social scene?

Any information is appreciated
Old Oct 25th 2018, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life in Singapore

early 20's footloose fancy free

Will that ever happen again in your early life time with max energy and 100% income is just about you?

Go for it, and always remember the experience will be that extra piece of the personal jig saw puzzle that defines you.

There are many ''inpats'' to the Uk who have done the same, i be surprised if you do not know more than a few. I suspect they will have had many of the 'unknowns' that they dealt with, Buy one or two a coffee and listen with both ears to their perspective of how they felt about coming to the uk. Challenges of fitting in and where to start
Old Oct 25th 2018, 10:36 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Go for it. Have an adventure and it won't harm your CV.

I was older and married (no kids) when I lived there but I know a lot of single women who live or have lived there. You have to put yourself out there, accept any invitations going, find social and interest groups, etc., though. Dragon boating, for example - I have a lot of friends who do that. In my day it was message boards similar to this one, these days there are probably Facebook groups.

One thing I did notice with my single girlfriends - when they were ready for a long-term partner, children, etc., most of them moved on - they said Singapore was slim pickings
Old Jan 16th 2019, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Mlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond repute

Early 20’s, Single and opportunity to move here?

As long as package is worthwhile and you love the Heat then go for it.

Weekends visiting KL, Bali, Phuket, Boracay, etc sound appealing enough for you?