Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Finding a job joining my husband to Singapore

Finding a job joining my husband to Singapore

Old Oct 4th 2012, 2:26 am
Just Joined

Foxyval is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finding a job joining my husband to Singapore

Hey everyone,

we are a Belgian expat couple that are currently living in Sydney. My husband has been asked if he'd be interested to move to Singapore. For his career it would be a great move! We did move from Belgium to Sydney for his job as well, I was having a great job at the time as a consultant for a commercial real estate firm. Unfortunately I have not found a job yet in Sydney and it has proven to be very difficult on a 457 VISA! Ozzies prefer people with local experience and your network is really important to find a job..

We kind of decided to return to Belgium in 6 months (I will have been jobless for 1,5 year by then!) but now this offer comes up! Is Singapore a good job market at the moment or is it hard to find a job? I'm a motivated and hard worker with a good resume. But am noticing here that even with the best intents, it doesn't always work out the way you want. And I definitely want to start working asap, not the kind to stay home.

Thanks a lot for your view on this and any advice you have for me!!
Who knows, might see you in Singapore!!!
Cheers
Val
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:37 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding a job joining my husband to Singapore

Singapore is a great place to experience - just read the threads on here.

I think finding a job is difficult ANYWHERE these days, and I am sure that Singapore would be putting "locals" first. That's how it should be of course.

There is however loads to do in Singapore if you push yourself. How about some volunteering? Join in some of the international clubs (maybe do a bit of unpaid work for them)? Start something up yourself - meetup group, whatever? Take up a new sport? Write a book?
Old Oct 4th 2012, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Unlike many places elsewhere the property market in Singapore is close to all time highs so finding a job here in that sector probably won't be too difficult.
There sites online which advertize jobs so google them and see what's available.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Basilito01 is an unknown quantity at this point

can i ask what are some good recruiters people recommend for singapore?