Cheap accomo wanted!

Old Jan 6th 2010, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheap accomo wanted!

Hi all,
We're planning a 2 week holiday to Singapore (End of Jan this year!!!)and wondered whether any of you could recommend a hostel or hotel reasonably priced.Any links would be much appreciated,thankyou!(Must be central to city,train links ect)
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:53 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap accomo wanted!

I've just mentioned this on a thread in the Oz forum We stay here http://www.hangouthotels.com/

Don't be put off by the photos of dorms - there are private rooms too. We book a large double, or whatever it's called, to get a bit more space. The first time we went we just booked a double and it was doable but very small and no window, which was a bit of a shocker!

They renovated the bathrooms last year - the first time we went the year before, they were obviously from the old hotel (whatever it was) and, whilst spotlessly clean, definitely needed a make-over.

It's just up the hill from Plaza Singapura and the Cathay malls on Orchard Road, and also Dhoby Ghaut MRT. Down the hill the other way, there's Little India MRT and all those wonderful restaurants!

I'm fussy, I'm used to 4-5*, but this place is cleaner than some of those I've stayed in and does us just fine, basically for sleeping. No telly in the room but there's a TV/lounging area if you want it, there's free internet in your room, there's a laundry, a well-known restaurant, and the staff are very helpful.

2 weeks is a long holiday to Singapore - do you have plans to take side trips?
Old Jan 7th 2010, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
I've just mentioned this on a thread in the Oz forum We stay here http://www.hangouthotels.com/

Don't be put off by the photos of dorms - there are private rooms too. We book a large double, or whatever it's called, to get a bit more space. The first time we went we just booked a double and it was doable but very small and no window, which was a bit of a shocker!

They renovated the bathrooms last year - the first time we went the year before, they were obviously from the old hotel (whatever it was) and, whilst spotlessly clean, definitely needed a make-over.

It's just up the hill from Plaza Singapura and the Cathay malls on Orchard Road, and also Dhoby Ghaut MRT. Down the hill the other way, there's Little India MRT and all those wonderful restaurants!

I'm fussy, I'm used to 4-5*, but this place is cleaner than some of those I've stayed in and does us just fine, basically for sleeping. No telly in the room but there's a TV/lounging area if you want it, there's free internet in your room, there's a laundry, a well-known restaurant, and the staff are very helpful.

2 weeks is a long holiday to Singapore - do you have plans to take side trips?
Thanks for the info and link.Will show OH when he comes home from work tonight.Yes we are planning to use the hostel/hotel for a base and head out on trains,buses and so on.If you have any where in particular you can tell us about thats worth seeing,please let us know,much appreciated!xx
Old Jan 9th 2010, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

I think Seasider meant side trips outside Singapore.

Malacca is worth a visit.
Coach from Sing to Malacca and then Ba Ba House hotel.
The hotel is close to Jonkers street where on Fri and Sat there is an interesting night market ( Pasar Malam)
Hotel is also a short walk to the museum area which is also very good.
Also in the same street as the hotel is a Peranakan Heritage Museum .

The Ba Ba House is not the usual international type hotel you'd find in any city in the world.
We use it every time we go to Malacca.

Plenty of shops selling art which we always look around and sometimes buy.
Also loads of antique shops, which if you find the right one will only be too willing to explain the difference between repro and real antiques.
Malacca people are very friendly and proud of their heritage.

We find it a fascinating place similar to Singapore when we first arrived 35 years ago.

There are some internet site with lots of info on Malacca.