Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

British First Class stamp - please help!

British First Class stamp - please help!

Old Jan 20th 2015, 8:20 am
Just Joined

David S McComb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British First Class stamp - please help!

I know this is an odd, possibly ridiculous question, but does anyone have an unused British First Class stamp lurking in their purse or wallet…?

I'm in Singapore until April, and in order to complete an application for work on my return I need to send some important documents to a UK address, and include a stamped addressed envelope, which will be forwarded to my parents' address in Kent for my attention.

I'm pretty desperate as the deadline is approaching… does anyone have a stamp they can spare? I'm based near Valley Point, River Valley Road, and I can come and meet you wherever is handy.

Many thanks!
Old Jan 20th 2015, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British First Class stamp - please help!

Originally Posted by David S McComb
I know this is an odd, possibly ridiculous question, but does anyone have an unused British First Class stamp lurking in their purse or wallet…?

I'm in Singapore until April, and in order to complete an application for work on my return I need to send some important documents to a UK address, and include a stamped addressed envelope, which will be forwarded to my parents' address in Kent for my attention.

I'm pretty desperate as the deadline is approaching… does anyone have a stamp they can spare? I'm based near Valley Point, River Valley Road, and I can come and meet you wherever is handy.

Many thanks!
In case you don't get the stamp, may I suggest the following:
  1. You put the (unsealed and unstamped) envelope with the company's address and its contents, inside a larger envelope which you address and send to your parents' address.
  2. When they receive it, your parents can open the outer envelopes, access the self addressed envelope and put a stamp on it.
  3. They can then seal the envelope with the company's address, put a stamp on it, and send it off.
This should add no more than one day to the overall delivery time.

Last edited by teejaydee; Jan 20th 2015 at 9:40 am.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 9:43 am
Just Joined

David S McComb is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, teejaydee - that's a great solution! I think I may have solved the problem, but if anyone else turns up a stamp I'd still be glad to take it.

D
Old Jan 20th 2015, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David S McComb
Thanks, teejaydee - that's a great solution! I think I may have solved the problem, but if anyone else turns up a stamp I'd still be glad to take it.

D
Exactly, think of getting the stamp as Plan A and the method I suggested as Plan B. Either way, I hope it works out and you meet the deadline (and get the job of course).