Apartment

Old Jun 21st 2011, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Nile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Apartment

Hi

New to this singpore forum,can you suggest some website where i can find affordable apartment for rent,rent around 800 to 1000 SGD
Old Jun 21st 2011, 10:48 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apartment

Hell, I doubt it - assuming you mean per month I think you pay more for HDBs these days.

Have a look at www.singaporeexpats.com.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Nile is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Seasider

thanks,,,u mean to say the rent is high which i mentioned
Old Jun 21st 2011, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Not wishing to double guess Seasider but you need to do some exploring on google to get an idea of rents and the type of properties available.

But HDB stands for Housing Development Board and these are flats built for the local population in which rooms can be rented out and some times even nearly the whole flat to ex pats and other locals.
A room in a shared HDB flat may well cost S$800 per month.
Other types of property are condos. These have been built by large property development companies and are sold to individuals and the whole apartment can be leased directly from the owner usually for a period of two years. Rentals for this type of property can vary from around S$2000 per month for a studio flat to S$20,000+ per month for penthouses.

HDB flats do not have any facilities whilst Condos developments do.
Facilities might include swimming pools, mini marts, BBQ areas, club houses, squash courts, etc.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 12:15 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I was being lazy by pointing the OP to that site, but it certainly used to have all those explanations, would think still does.

In the range mentioned I do think sharing is the best option, depending on your circumstances.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 5:46 pm
Banned

sgbroll is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nile
Hi

New to this singpore forum,can you suggest some website where i can find affordable apartment for rent,rent around 800 to 1000 SGD
Depends on where ya working at. 800-1k can definitely get you a room in a HDB or maybe even a room in a condo.

Get a room near your workplace, insist on a short rental contract so you can move if you change workplace or find a better place.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 1:24 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

I think for a 1 bedroom place you will be looking at around $2,900 $4000 for a one bedroom place depending on location and facilities...
Old Dec 14th 2011, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Ant32 is an unknown quantity at this point

I may need to look at this in the future too, am I right in thinking that to rent anywhere 'soley' for your own in SG requires you to take a long lease? Hence for short term its best finding someone to share with??
Old Dec 14th 2011, 10:53 am
Auntie Fa

Yes you are right (and to cross-ref with your other thread, I suspect I was too!).

A 2-year lease is the most common, although I have known 1-year leases.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 11:00 am
Just Joined

Ant32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Seasider
Yes you are right (and to cross-ref with your other thread, I suspect I was too!).

A 2-year lease is the most common, although I have known 1-year leases.
Ive been looking on easyroommate.com and there seems to be plenty on there for around $1000-$1500SG... Next is craigslist...

Right, I'm off out to Clarke Quay.