Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Anybody looking for flatshare??

Anybody looking for flatshare??

Old Oct 8th 2013, 9:11 am
Just Joined

emmaw-j is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anybody looking for flatshare??

Hi there,

I am moving over to Singapore at the end of November and will be looking to move into a flatshare. Are there any other ex-pats in the same position that would like to look for a flat together or does anybody know of any rooms that will be available in December/Jan??
I'm in my mid 30's moving from London and looking for a sociable household. I have a budget of approx $2000 per month.

Thanks!
Old Oct 9th 2013, 9:35 am
Just Joined

ren22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anybody looking for flatshare??

hi emmaw-j
I'm in a similar situation, though working towards a slightly different date.

I'm also moving from London to Singapore, single, mid 30s, similar budget and looking for a flatshare. I am however moving around Xmas time, as I start on a new job Jan 2nd.

Would that be too long for you to wait? What neighbourhoods are do you have in mind?

Cheers,
Old Oct 9th 2013, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Hey Ren,
That timescale is workable, I am heading out end November but my company are prepared to pay for me to stay in a serviced appt for up to a month so no problem there.
In terms of areas I am torn between going for gusto in the Marina Bay area or going for something more cosy and village-like such as Holland V.... I am pretty easy going though and I figure I will know when I see it!
If all that sounds good to you then let me know.
Old Oct 19th 2013, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

LeanJayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi emmaw-j, I've just accepted a job offer in SG and am also looking to move over late November / early December. I am single and in my mid-twenties, also a big fan of running & cycling & climbing...

There is a possibility that I may have a place to live when I arrive but it's all very up in the air for me on that front. So if you're interested, please drop a line!
Old Oct 20th 2013, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Hi LeanJayne,
Nice to hear from you and congrats on the new job! I have my accommodation paid for until the end of December so will be looking for a place from then. I too am into running and am a lapsed mountain biker so feel free to get in touch as it would be great to get to know people over there with similar interests!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and hopefully speak soon.
Emma.x
Old Oct 20th 2013, 12:55 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeanJayne
There is a possibility that I may have a place to live when I arrive but it's all very up in the air for me on that front. So if you're interested, please drop a line!
Hi. For your info, the PM function on here only works after you've done 3 posts.
Old Oct 20th 2013, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks baked bean! Moving to Singa with a job that entails travel throughout Malaysia I reckon I will be a prolific poster before long!
Old Oct 20th 2013, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi. For your info, the PM function on here only works after you've done 3 posts.
Aha thanks for the tip off I will probably also become a prolific poster before long!
Old Oct 26th 2013, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

LanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud of

Hi Emma & LeanJayne,

I might be in the same boat.. An avid nature lover and love the mountains and trekking, etc.

I am here in Singapore at the moment and just landed on a 3-month contract, whilst looking for a permanent one.

Also, I am considering whether to move up to JB or stay in Sing. (though am more inclined to the former..

Xx
Old Oct 26th 2013, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Hi there!
Well I arrive in Sinapore November 27th so maybe meet for a coffee/drink and take it from there??
Emma.x
Old Oct 27th 2013, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

LanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud ofLanternsB has much to be proud of

Sure thing.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

I just booked my flight and will be arriving on the 7th Dec...I am going to be on my own for Christmas for the first time in my life so it would be nice to meet some people in the same boat!
Old Nov 1st 2013, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hey to you both

Have you tried looking at www.meetup.com ??

I like the YMCA adventurers group and have joined them. They seem to do authentic sporting trips.

Xx
Old Dec 7th 2013, 4:21 am
Just Joined

Jones101010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi did you find a place? I have just flown home to live but have an appartment to let in singapore with two lovely other british expat girlies!!! An its within your budget!
Old Dec 7th 2013, 4:23 am
Just Joined

Jones101010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi chick did you fond a place? I have a room to let with two other lovely british expats? Both are which are very active too :-) xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.