Reload this Page >

3 Months in Vancouver

3 Months in Vancouver

Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:56 am
Just Joined

CraneOperator is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3 Months in Vancouver

Ok so I'm not a gifted writer so bear with me
Landed in Vancouver on January 11th on an LMO with 2 friends (both crane operators working for the same company as myself) spent the first night in a hotel and on the second day we found a great house to rent with a fantastic landlady who couldn't do enough for us, even taking us for a tour of Vancouver

It was all a bit daunting at first but after the first few days I haven't looked back. The city is amazing and easily the most beautiful place I've ever been, I honestly can't fault any part of it. It took a while to get used to the friendliness of people as being from Belfast it doesn't come naturally

2 months later I have my wife and 2 daughters out here with me in our own house so now it feels like home, the wife and kids love it as there's so much for them to do compared to back home. My wife's loving the shopping and the food over here and the kids can't get enough of the beaches and parks so they are all pretty happy.

Now we are going to start looking about our permanent residency and settle here for good so who knows what the future holds
Old Apr 16th 2013, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

bcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nice
Default Re: 3 Months in Vancouver

That's a great that you all feel like it's been a good move. Best of luck with your PR and hope you continue to enjoy your new life, Vancouver is a great place.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 12:12 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CraneOperator
easily the most beautiful place I've ever been
I think this is the saddest thing I've read on this board.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

CraneOperator is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
There's always one
Old Apr 17th 2013, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza69 is an unknown quantity at this point

love to hear these stories glad your are loving it in vancouver. What part are you in, we are going in summer 2014 and hope to settle in coquitlam.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 9:12 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazza69
love to hear these stories glad your are loving it in vancouver. What part are you in, we are going in summer 2014 and hope to settle in coquitlam.
Thats not Vancouver!
Old Apr 17th 2013, 9:13 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CraneOperator
Ok so I'm not a gifted writer so bear with me
Landed in Vancouver on January 11th on an LMO with 2 friends (both crane operators working for the same company as myself) spent the first night in a hotel and on the second day we found a great house to rent with a fantastic landlady who couldn't do enough for us, even taking us for a tour of Vancouver

It was all a bit daunting at first but after the first few days I haven't looked back. The city is amazing and easily the most beautiful place I've ever been, I honestly can't fault any part of it. It took a while to get used to the friendliness of people as being from Belfast it doesn't come naturally

2 months later I have my wife and 2 daughters out here with me in our own house so now it feels like home, the wife and kids love it as there's so much for them to do compared to back home. My wife's loving the shopping and the food over here and the kids can't get enough of the beaches and parks so they are all pretty happy.

Now we are going to start looking about our permanent residency and settle here for good so who knows what the future holds
nice
where have you settled ?
Old Apr 30th 2013, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

louisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nice

Hi CraneOperator,

Glad to hear that you love Vancouver. I am going to emigrate soon on my PR.

I have a few questions... Is it expensive to live in Vancouver? Is it easy to find work? Do you find you have a higher standard of living than in the UK?
Old Apr 30th 2013, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
dbd 33 !

Old Apr 30th 2013, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

CraneOperator - Good for you, may the good times continue!
Old Apr 30th 2013, 7:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floatsy
dbd 33 !

Well, come on! It's mellow, spandexy, close to mountains and sea, a good place for sushi, but the built environment lacks the beauty of the Kilburn High Road.
Old May 2nd 2013, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Well I will be going in a little so I will assess it then

Cheers
Old May 6th 2013, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Accy boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi crane operator, I'm a mobile driver myself and am looking to come over in the next couple of years. What type of crane do you operate? Also how did you get on with gaining your canadian tickets and what was the process?