Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

North Carolina

North Carolina

Old Dec 14th 2010, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

scouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nice
Default North Carolina

New to the site. We are in North Carolina, the Greensboro area. Just looking for some other brits to chat with about this and that. Still looking for Bisto and Robertsons Golden Shred Lemon marmalade! Have found HP and and a few other things...
Old Dec 14th 2010, 11:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North Carolina

Hello again.

We have quite a few members living in NC...hopefully they will be able to point you in the right 'British goodies' direction.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 1:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE

How long you been down there?
Old Dec 15th 2010, 2:52 am
Just Joined

scouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nice

I grew up here. My husband is from Liverpool. He's been here since June. Love the Gracie Allen quote by the way. I have a lot of Burns and Allen radio shows.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:01 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by scouserwife
New to the site. We are in North Carolina, the Greensboro area. Just looking for some other brits to chat with about this and that. Still looking for Bisto and Robertsons Golden Shred Lemon marmalade! Have found HP and and a few other things...
Check out World Market, they have both bisto granules & powder.

Greensboro
3510 High Point Road
Greensboro, NC 27407
Tel: (336) 315-8700

I am in Charlotte and have found over the years I can get pretty much anything over here.

I just ordered myself a case of Crunchie's from Amazon , though I would only do that in the wintertime.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fsm
I am in Charlotte and have found over the years I can get pretty much anything over here.

I just ordered myself a case of Crunchie's from Amazon , though I would only do that in the wintertime.
Anywhere to get mince pies in Charlotte - made them last year and they were a complete dog's breakfast! DISASTER!
Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Orangepants
Anywhere to get mince pies in Charlotte - made them last year and they were a complete dog's breakfast! DISASTER!
You could try Sue's house.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...postcount=3567
Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:13 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

Now there's an idea
Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Thanks - I think I will or I'll ask her to make me some - yummy!
Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:21 pm
fsm
So I am where?

Fresh Market, World Market & some Harris Teeter's (Try Rea Road) have all been know to carry them.

The South African Store in Mathews has some in stock.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by fsm
Now there's an idea
Thanks - I think I will or I'll ask her to make me some - yummy!
Don't tell her I sent you.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fsm
Fresh Market, World Market & some Harris Teeter's (Try Rea Road) have all been know to carry them.

The South African Store in Mathews has some in stock.
Thanks - I'll send OH to Matthews then - too cold for me to go out!
Old Dec 15th 2010, 4:04 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

World market here has Keebler mince pies. I got a box last week, no idea where they went
Old Dec 19th 2010, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

I'm going to hit World Market and look for the pies. He made some from scratch last week and wasn't really happy with the filling we found. It was my first mince and yeah, I wasn't impressed. We found some things at Ollie's, a discount store in Greensboro. I think they have one on Winston Salem as well. No luck finding Galaxy Minstrels yet...
Old Dec 19th 2010, 1:01 pm
fsm
So I am where?

Originally Posted by scouserwife
I'm going to hit World Market and look for the pies. He made some from scratch last week and wasn't really happy with the filling we found. It was my first mince and yeah, I wasn't impressed. We found some things at Ollie's, a discount store in Greensboro. I think they have one on Winston Salem as well. No luck finding Galaxy Minstrels yet...
In the past I have ordered the minstrels online, they are a lot harder to come by in NC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.