Right of Permanent Residence Fee

Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:26 am
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of
Default Right of Permanent Residence Fee

how did you all (in London UK) pay your PR fees of C$490ea? - this is the fee requested with the meds, which has already been delivered to London)

Mr Fluff tried to pay it in CAD this morning but was told: “Sorry, there is no-one here to take cash. Come back with a bankers draft and drop it off in the drop-box”

The guy agreed that this contradicted the advice on their website. He said that the bank draft did not have to be from a Canadian bank (contrary to what is on their website).

what to do?

Mr Fluff is now going to get a bankers draft and then I'll courier it to the London office. Is this what you all did?

Thanks xx
Old Aug 11th 2010, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Right of Permanent Residence Fee

We sent an international banker's draft in CAD from Barclays - £15 fee.

Last edited by singingringingtree; Aug 11th 2010 at 9:20 am.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all

I paid mine from my Canadian Scotiabank account, had an e-mail on Monday confirming that they'd cashed it.

I really don't see why they just don't accept online CC payments though, it would save so much hassle for everyone.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 9:32 am
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

thanks for your speedy replies guys. how long did it take to get the bankers draft?
Old Aug 11th 2010, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Five working days for us.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 3:45 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spankysparkle
The guy agreed that this contradicted the advice on their website. He said that the bank draft did not have to be from a Canadian bank (contrary to what is on their website).
Usually these sort of restrictions refer to where the cheque is paid. E.G Barclays issue you with a draft. The draft instructs their corresponding bank in Canada to pay the payee from Barclay's account with that bank. Hence the draft is drawn on a Canadian bank even though it is issued by a British bank.

Essentially, CIC want to be sure they get the money in full and now, rather than pay the bank charges for a foreign cheque and having to wait for it to clear.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 4:29 pm
happy daisy

thanks for all your replies.

I ordered a bankers draft from HSBC to be collected on the 23rd (we're off on holibobs soon and it won't be ready before we leave) so more delays

I just hope everything falls into place so that we can still leave at the end of November, but at this rate it will probably only be December! what a disaster *sigh*
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice

Originally Posted by humanist
I paid mine from my Canadian Scotiabank account, had an e-mail on Monday confirming that they'd cashed it.

I really don't see why they just don't accept online CC payments though, it would save so much hassle for everyone.
can you conform that the fee is $490 per adult? is there a fee for children??? (ages 3 & 6)

Gav.