Notarized or not??

Old Jan 1st 2010, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice
Default Notarized or not??

For people who have recently submitted full PR pack following 120 day letter, did you get the documents notarized prior to sending to CIC?

I know it states they should be on IMM 7023 E (10-2009), however a recent post with reply from CIC says you don't need to?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=Notarized

Any comments?

Thanks,

Stuart.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Notarized or not??

We got ours signed by a doctor, this was easy for me as I grabbed one of the docs at work. This was 5 years ago so probably not relevant anymore
Old Jan 1st 2010, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Originally Posted by fledermaus
We got ours signed by a doctor, this was easy for me as I grabbed one of the docs at work. This was 5 years ago so probably not relevant anymore
Think the rules have recently changed, this is what it now says:

Appendix A
Checklist
Gather documents as listed. Check ( ) each item on the checklist and attach the checklist to your
documents (a paper clip will do). Place all documents in a sealed envelope. Do not send originals unless
otherwise stated. Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the police certificates, which must be
originals. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy
of the originals.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stokesey
Think the rules have recently changed, this is what it now says:

Appendix A
Checklist
Gather documents as listed. Check ( ) each item on the checklist and attach the checklist to your
documents (a paper clip will do). Place all documents in a sealed envelope. Do not send originals unless
otherwise stated. Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the police certificates, which must be
originals. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy
of the originals.
I think it said the same at the time but we were told we could get them certified by a doctor as "true copies of the originals". The expense would have been enormous otherwise.

Hopefully someone with recent experience will be along to comment. Have you asked CIC for guidance?
Old Jan 1st 2010, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

vancouverism has a spectacular aura aboutvancouverism has a spectacular aura aboutvancouverism has a spectacular aura about

For our PNP application we got nothing notarized and didn't have a problem. My suspicion is that if the docs are straight foward then there won't be an issue, but it's probably best to have it confirmed from somebody who has followed the same application process.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I think it said the same at the time but we were told we could get them certified by a doctor as "true copies of the originals". The expense would have been enormous otherwise.

Hopefully someone with recent experience will be along to comment. Have you asked CIC for guidance?
No I've not spoken with CIC, what's the best way, via email or phone?

Thanks.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

For people who have recently submitted full PR pack following 120 day letter, did you get the documents notarized prior to sending to CIC?

I know it states they should be on IMM 7023 E (10-2009), however a recent post with reply from CIC says you don't need to?

Any comments?

Thanks,

Stuart.
We had all of ours notarized by a local solicitor as we wanted to avoid any excuse for a delay in processing our file.

Cheers

Martin
Old Jan 1st 2010, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Martin99
We had all of ours notarized by a local solicitor as we wanted to avoid any excuse for a delay in processing our file.

Cheers

Martin
Martin - were they 'notarised' or 'certified', my understanding is that there is a difference and the majority of solicitors can't notarise but can certify?

Also which ones did you get done, I guess marriage certs, passport page, birth certs etc?

Thanks.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

We got our docs notarized (old queue), so did our friends (new queue). It may be a coincidence, but we both got med requests in three and four weeks. I wonder if this is down to the fact that the notary does the background checks for qualifications and confirms this has been done - does this save CIC time on background checks?? Solicitors just certify true copies?

People have got through using solicitors and notaries, but I wonder if it makes a difference timewise?

Notary said 'technically' no need to get birth/marriage certs notarized, just order 'legal copies' (£7) and send them. We got all our docs back anyway.

Last edited by singingringingtree; Jan 1st 2010 at 6:05 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Martin - were they 'notarised' or 'certified', my understanding is that there is a difference and the majority of solicitors can't notarise but can certify?

Also which ones did you get done, I guess marriage certs, passport page, birth certs etc?

Thanks.
They were simply certified as true copies. We had all document copies certified. Our timeline appears below which shows that not using a notary did not hinder us.

Cheers

Martin
Old Jan 1st 2010, 7:47 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our lawyer notarized all the copies for us, done as a freebie as we were in the process of closing on a house.
Only original was the UK police check.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
We did not get anything notorised and there are a lot of people on here who have not ....this question has been asked many times. In the majority of cases people have spent a lot of money when they did not need to. We only sent originals of work and education letters and the Police checks....everything else was copied and we do have the originals to produce should we ever need to.

We have never been asked for any notorised copies...
Hope this helps
Good luck
Stef

Any comments?

Thanks,

Stuart.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks all, I'll make a couple of calls and if I can get them done for a few quid then I may as well. I'm waiting for the police certs to come back so have a week or so to get some quotes.

Don't think I'll be paying £200 per hour for a Notary!!

Thanks again.

Stuart
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

ClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really niceClanickP is just really nice

Hi.

I had all of my past employment notarized. Only worked in three places in the past 15 years and the solicitor charged 15 quid a document so it only worked out at £45. Only notary publics can notarize a document, unluckily for us there was only one within many miles, but luckily as it turns out that one was only half a mile from my house..
Best to get it done if you can I would say.

ClanickP
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

I got nothing notarised - as per the request letter. Awaiting result...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.